responsible & inclusive
“ We want to do business in a sustainable way. Whether through our advisory services leading to investment decisions, our selection process leading to the spread of knowledge and skills, our promotion of gender diversity or our internal policies on offsetting our environmental impact.”
Tom Hopkinson, CEO - Taylor Hopkinson
What drives us
Our vision is to enable a diverse, global workforce that will drive the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
To achieve this, we support our clients’ entry into emerging offshore wind, onshore wind and solar markets in a sustainable manner, and improve diversity within the sector.
Together we achieve more
We are strong proponents of improved diversity in the wind and solar sectors, especially at a senior level.
We are 100% committed to Our future
We were recently awarded CarbonNeutral® flights certification from Natural Capital Partners. This certification verifies that we have successfully offset a total footprint of 140 tonnes of carbon emissions associated with our 2019 business-related air travel, within the requirements of the CarbonNeutral Protocol.
The Theni Wind Power project in India, delivers 100,000 MWh of clean renewable electricity to the southern regional grid each year and contributes to the local economy and livelihood of residents through the creation of jobs.
In addition, we continue to take steps as a business internally to reduce our carbon footprint in the following ways:
- Our recent office move provides state-of-the-art VC facilities, reducing our need to travel
- We recycle and use recycled good where possible
- Our environmental policy is devoted to a paperless office
- We offer a cycle-to-work scheme for all employees
- We use a local supply chain on procurement of goods and services where possible
You can find our more here.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
We’ve raised over £20k ....and counting
In 2012, we committed to undertake a minimum of one fundraising effort a year for amazing causes such as Renewable World, Cancer Research, The Alzheimer Society, Do-nation and MS Society.
This has seen team Taylor Hopkinson successfully complete challenges such as
- Tough Mudder
- A 22 mile summit run up Mount Snowdon
- A 215 mile bike ride from Durham to Edinburgh in 2015, via 7 wind farms
- ‘Man vs Lakes’ – a 26.2 mile run / assault course through the Lake District
- ‘Coast to Coast’ challenge – 105 miles across the Scottish Highlands
And finally this year our determined team completed the 57km Ultra Marathon across Edinburgh on behalf of our charity partners CLIC Sargent and Childrens Cancer and Leukemia Group (CCLG).
It’s not too late to donate! https://www.justgiving.com/teams/CLIC-CCLG