responsible & inclusive
CEO – Taylor Hopkinson
“ We want to do business in a sustainable way. Whether through our advisory services leading to investment decisions, our selection process leading to the spread of knowledge and skills, our promotion of gender diversity or our internal policies on offsetting our environmental impact.”
What drives us
Our vision is to enable a diverse, global workforce that will drive the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
To achieve this, we support our clients’ entry into emerging offshore wind, onshore wind and solar markets in a sustainable manner, and improve diversity within the sector.
Together we achieve more
- are members of the OWIC Gender Diversity Strategy Group.
- invest in regular diversity training to support our team in a practical way, and recently confirmed a Partnership with The Big Fish Academy.
- were awarded Recruiter of the Year 2019, with our commitment to diversity cited as a key asset.
- are founding sponsor of WeBridge, a networking platform promoting gender diversity in renewables.
- live our brand by carefully considering the language, imagery and messaging used on our website and in our materials to attract and engage with the most diverse audience.
- contributed to and are featured in OWIC’s recent D&I Best Practice Guide, which highlights the importance of diversity in own our selection processes and also how we help our clients in attracting a diverse workforce.
We are 100% committed to Our future
We were recently awarded CarbonNeutral® flights certification from Natural Capital Partners. This certification verifies that we have successfully offset a total footprint of 140 tonnes of carbon emissions associated with our 2019 business-related air travel, within the requirements of the CarbonNeutral Protocol.
Find out more about our chosen carbon offset project – Theni Wind Power.
In addition, we continue to take steps as a business internally to reduce our carbon footprint in the following ways:
- Our office provides state-of-the-art VC facilities and we support flexible working, reducing our need to travel
- We recycle and use recycled good where possible
- Our environmental policy is devoted to a paperless office
- We offer a cycle-to-work scheme for all employees
- We use a local supply chain on procurement of goods and services where possible
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
We’ve raised over £25k ....and counting
In 2012, we committed to undertake a minimum of one fundraising effort a year for amazing causes. This year we’re embarking on an epic global team effort to run / walk / cycle (or practically any other chosen self propelled method!) the distance between our international offices by 28 March 2021 – that’s 26,770km!
In recent years, our team has successfully completed the challenges below, raising over £25k for charity partners such as Renewable World, Cancer Research, The Alzheimer Society, Do-nation, MS Society, CLIC Sargent and Childrens Cancer and Leukemia Group (CCLG).
- Tough Mudder
- A 22 mile summit run up Mount Snowdon
- A 215 mile bike ride from Durham to Edinburgh in 2015, via 7 wind farms
- ‘Man vs Lakes’ – a 26.2 mile run / assault course through the Lake District
- ‘Coast to Coast’ challenge – 105 miles across the Scottish Highlands
- 57km Ultra Marathon across Edinburgh
Driven by standards
Our Partner organisations
Join 10,000+ renewable energy professionals
Subscribe to get the latest renewable energy vacancies in a weekly email to your inbox