responsible & inclusive
“ We want to do business in a sustainable way. Whether through our advisory services leading to investment decisions, our selection process leading to the spread of knowledge and skills, our promotion of gender diversity or our internal policies on offsetting our environmental impact.”
Tom Hopkinson, CEO - Taylor Hopkinson
What drives us
Our vision is to enable a diverse, global workforce that will drive the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
To achieve this, we support our clients’ entry into emerging offshore wind, onshore wind and solar markets in a sustainable manner, and improve diversity within the sector.
Together we achieve more
The UK Offshore Wind Sector Deal aims to increase the representation of women to at least one third by 2030. Taylor Hopkinson is playing its part in establishing the renewables sector as a leader in eliminating racial and gender bias in recruitment processes.
We are committed to attracting and placing the most diverse range of candidates globally, and this is reflected in everything we do:
- we are members of the Offshore Wind Industry Council’s ‘Gender Diversity Strategy Group’
- we are founding sponsor of WeBridge, a networking platform promoting gender diversity in the renewables sector
- we were awarded Recruiter of the Year 2019, with our commitment to diversity cited as a key asset
- we invest in regular diversity training to support our team in a practical way
- we are led by 3 females out of 7 directors, and our multilingual team features 8 nationalities, placing professionals in 35 countries
- we live our brand, by carefully considering the language, imagery and messaging used on our website and in our materials to attract and engage with the most diverse audience
We are 100% committed to Our future
We were recently awarded CarbonNeutral® flights certification from Natural Capital Partners. This certification verifies that we have successfully offset a total footprint of 140 tonnes of carbon emissions associated with our 2019 business-related air travel, within the requirements of the CarbonNeutral Protocol.
Find out more about our chosen carbon offset project – Theni Wind Power.
In addition, we continue to take steps as a business internally to reduce our carbon footprint in the following ways:
- Our office provides state-of-the-art VC facilities and we support flexible working, reducing our need to travel
- We recycle and use recycled good where possible
- Our environmental policy is devoted to a paperless office
- We offer a cycle-to-work scheme for all employees
- We use a local supply chain on procurement of goods and services where possible
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
We’ve raised over £20k ....and counting
In 2012, we committed to undertake a minimum of one fundraising effort a year for amazing causes such as Renewable World, Cancer Research, The Alzheimer Society, Do-nation and MS Society.
This has seen team Taylor Hopkinson successfully complete challenges such as
- Tough Mudder
- A 22 mile summit run up Mount Snowdon
- A 215 mile bike ride from Durham to Edinburgh in 2015, via 7 wind farms
- ‘Man vs Lakes’ – a 26.2 mile run / assault course through the Lake District
- ‘Coast to Coast’ challenge – 105 miles across the Scottish Highlands
And finally this year our determined team completed the 57km Ultra Marathon across Edinburgh on behalf of our charity partners CLIC Sargent and Childrens Cancer and Leukemia Group (CCLG).
It’s not too late to donate! https://www.justgiving.com/teams/CLIC-CCLG