Lead Mechanical Engineer, Floating Solar
Taylor Hopkinson is supporting an innovative floating solar company with the recruitment of a Lead Mechanical Engineer.
Our client are expanding the team as they scale-up their business. The Lead Mechanical Engineer will lead a team of around 8 people and oversee the research, design, and development of offshore floating solar platforms.
You will have an overview of the entire project, aligning the team and steering them on the best course of action, based on your experiences with scrum and system engineering methodologies.
You’ll play a crucial role in ensuring the team is aligned, risks are addressed and certifications achieved. You’ll work closely with the Bid Manager and Director of Projects and will report to the Director of Engineering.
- Leading the technical team to oversee research, design and development of our client’s offshore solar platforms.
- Communicating effectively with technical and non technical stakeholders with the ability to articulate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Providing technical guidance, including for scope and design, from cost, mechanical and from manufacturing perspectives.
- Define and lead the scope and BoD for our client’s offshore floating solar projects, ensuring successful project delivery.
- Lead the technical team through creation of conceptual layouts for the floating platforms and solar farms, including transportation plans, assembly equipment and assembly sites.
- Participate in design reviews, risk assessments and failure mode analyses.
- Masters degree in Mechanical, Maritime, Offshore or Structural Engineering
- Depth of relevant engineering experience in the maritime/ offshore industry
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Solid knowledge of engineering and calculation methods
- The ability to build high-performing teams through effective communication, collaboration and leadership, with the ability to nurture team strengths and address weaknesses to ensure a positive and productive team culture
- Solution driven
- Strong helicopter view of projects with an analytical mind to evaluate concepts
- Startup mentality: enthusiastic and independent.