Offshore Foundations Manager
Taylor Hopkinson is working with a highly regarded offshore wind developer to onboard an Offshore Foundations Manager to work at corporate level in their Hamburg office, leading the foundations discipline across a portfolio of projects. This is a full time, staff role based in Hamburg.
- Manage and coordinate the interdisciplinary offshore foundations package leading on technical issues including organisng the work package, development of a foundations strategy and initiating Pre-FEED and FEED studies.
- Lead tendering for foundations and contract negotiations, managing the foundation supply contract after signing (including design, fabrication, installation and commissioning) until handover to operations.
- Plan and control the foundations package time schedule, budget and coordination with the commercial functions, as well as identification, mitigation and control of foundation-related risks.
- Ensure the exchange of experiences with the line organisation, as well as the involved divisions and functions (for example category management for foundations of the purchasing department).
- Maintain contact with the other work package managers and coordinators on selected technical topics and take part in “troubleshooting”, if necessary.
- Master’s degree or similar equivalent in civil engineering or relevant subject.
- Extensive knowledge in the field of foundations for offshore wind turbines with professional experience in a comparable position, as well as experience in leading project work and project implementation.
- Specific experience in the realisation of foundations for offshore wind farm projects is highly advantageous.
- Experience in leading contract negotiations and in contract management of large infrastructure investment projects is desirable.
- Fluent in English, preferably in German as well.
Strong communication skills with the ability to relay information in a clear and concise manner