On behalf of our client, a leading renewables investment specialist, we are recruiting for an Asset Engineer based in London to work on onshore wind, offshore wind and solar PV assets.
The role will provide support to the construction and the operational management of power generation assets, with a focus on onshore and offshore wind assets.
The role will involve the operational oversight of the day to day asset management of the wind farm assets in the portfolio with various outsourced asset management companies, agreement and oversight of budgets and CAPEX plans, site condition inspections, performance trend analysis and reporting internally. The role will also involve assistance to the investment teams on new onshore and offshore acquisitions and management oversight of wind construction assets underway in the funds.
- Manage the presentation of primarily the wind part of the portfolio to project financiers.
- Provide support on the management of primarily the existing French, UK, Italian and Irish wind power generation portfolio
- Provide support on the construction and acquisition of new wind power generation assets
- Provide support to the Asset Management Team on other generation assets as required
- Coordinate work products from external advisors (developers, lawyers, technical advisors, debt providers, EPC contractors, etc)
Candidates must have experience of either the construction or operation of renewable energy assets (both preferably) and understand the technical value drivers of renewable energy power generation. They should also have past responsibility for the operation of generation assets.
- Min 5 years relevant working experience
- Construction management experience gained with construction/development/financial/utility company preferably in the renewable energy industry.
- Operational generation asset management experience.
- Management of full-scope O&M contracts including P&L responsibility, budgeting, reporting, commercial management of third party suppliers, management of financial models, contractual compliance and customer interface.
- Wind monitoring and analysis experience or knowledge
- Construction and/or operations contract negotiation and/or management experience.
- Wind due diligence experience would be helpful
- Experience in the offshore wind sector
- Experience conducting wind turbine inspections (onshore or offshore)
- Project finance transaction experience in the financing of renewable energy assets desirable
- Relevant experience of power industry required
- Fluent English required with additional European languages preferred (Italian, Spanish, German or French)
- Candidates must have the right to work in the UK (EEA citizen)
Apply for this Now
0203 405 4321