Purpose of The Role
To manage a number of solar assets by ensuring best practice for safety, quality and environmental performance, whilst enhancing the overall returns and value of each project.
You will be the main contact for all asset management activities carried out on your assigned projects and be responsible for ensuring day to day activities are carried out. This will involve managing project contracts, contractors, landowners and other stakeholders. You will also interact with other members of the team to ensure the KPI’s for each project, and the asset management business as a whole are maintained.
1. Ensure that all assets are in compliance with:
- Statutory requirements for Health, Safety and Environmental performance.
- Contracts, including but not limited to, O&M, EPC, Grid Connection, PPA, lease agreements and several additional operational agreements.
- Local planning authority requirements.
- Operational reporting requirements under lenders facility agreements and other financial requirements.
2. Optimise project performance by:
- Monitoring contractor performance during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance with a view to ensuring all contracted SLA’s are met or exceeded.
- Reviewing and enhancing maintenance strategies and activities with a view to reducing lost production.
- Supervision and oversight of contractors where required.
- Reviewing regular and other reporting provided by contractors and ensuring any issues are being suitably addressed.
- Building strong relationships with contractors.
3. Identify equipment faults, carry on diagnoses and troubleshooting activities
4. Management of project operational budgets
5. Preparation of regular asset management reports on each asset
6. Maintain and develop management tools including: Asset Registers, downtime logs and other
management tools as necessary.
7. Liaising with Ofgem for the managed assets
8. Attend regular site visit to assess status and conditions of the assigned projects
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
1) Engineering or Science degree or equivalent experience.
2) 3 years’ experience in solar farm asset management activities.
3) Management of EPC and O&M contracts
4) Interpretation of mechanical and electrical engineering drawings, work instructions and design reviews.
5) Problem solving
6) Familiarity with computerised SCADA /Monitoring systems.
7) Above average spreadsheet knowledge and experience.
8) Full Driving Licence
Apply for this Now
0203 405 4321