On behalf of our client, a leading asset management company in the Solar PV space, we are recruiting for an Associate Asset Manager based in Bristol.
The successful candidate will manage a number of solar assets / SPVs by ensuring best practice for safety, quality and environmental performance, whilst enhancing the overall returns and value of each project and complying with all of the applicable contractual agreements.
You will be the main contact for all asset management activities carried out on the project and be fully responsible for the day to day management of each asset; this will involve working with the financial management team and other internal personnel to provide a solid asset management function across all of our client’s assets.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Management of the contracts of the SPVs
2. Ensure that all assets are in compliance with:
- Statutory requirements for Health, Safety and Environmental performance,
- Local planning authority requirements,
- Grid company connection conditions and power purchase agreements,
- Reporting requirements under lenders facility agreements and other financial requirements,
- Other agreements in place.
3. Optimise project performance:
- Monitor contractor performance during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance with a view to ensuring all contracted SLA’s are met or bettered,
- Review and enhance maintenance strategies and activities with a view to reducing downtime,
- Review regular and other reporting provided by the contractors and ensure any issues are being suitably addressed,
- Build strong relationships with contractors,
- Direct supervision of sub-contractors or overseeing the work of management contractors where required,
- Identify and establish the necessary KPIs to monitor the performance of each asset.
4. Identify equipment faults, carry out diagnoses and troubleshooting activities with support from the Asset Engineer.
5. Manage the project operational budgets by:
- Monitoring spend to budget,
- Planning spend for activities on each project for approval by the investment team.
6. Prepare regular asset management reports on each asset.
7. Maintain and develop management tools including: Operating Plans, Asset Registers and other management tools as necessary.
8. Visit company sites to assess status and conditions of the solar farm; equating to approximately 2 visits per month.
9. Maintain data security and confidentiality by using information within the parameters of the job role, any applicable SLAs, the company data policies and / or privacy notices and the statutory guidelines set out within the GDPR and any associated UK legislation. Pay particular regard to any data that is generated by CCTV or that may be classified as personal data.
10. Comply with all required fire, health and safety requirements for the environment in which you are working, including making yourself aware of the current applicable policies and risk assessments and acting accordingly, and attending any required training.
11. Provide day to day supervision of the work carried out by the Asset Engineers.
12. Any other reasonable task as requested by a Manager, Partner or Director of the business.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
1. Engineering degree or equivalent
2. 1 year experience in solar farm asset management activities
3. Experience with remote monitoring systems on plant and equipment (preferably Solar)
4. Interpretation of mechanical and electrical engineering drawings, work instructions and design reviews
5. Advanced Excel Skills (macros, visual basic)
Apply for this Now
0203 405 4321