Leading offshore developer currently seeking a Business Development Manager to be based in India on a permanent contract. The role will involve the growth of the client’s renewable energy portfolio.
- Responsible for global growth of wind generation.
- Country Lead for identification and delivery of opportunities that will provide access to a set of offshore wind projects.
- Maintain local relationships with government organizations, industry association, supply chain, power sector, technology/research institutes, and the wider organization in India.
- Work internationally with commercial wind colleagues, opportunity leads, technical and finance experts.
- The expectation is that several opportunities will be developed in partnerships; the commercial lead is expected to be the Senior Local Client Representative in the joint venture activities.
- Success in wind developments is governed through access to resource (wind), power price, cost effective design and supply chain cost, financing arrangements, and access to markets/customers.
- As the industry is maturing, the competitive landscape is changing and will require innovation at several levels, including commercial and partnering strategies.
- Report to the Global Lead for Wind Commercial and Business Development.
- Work in the context of a low cost, fast moving environment with many uncertainties (sometimes requiring the extra hours or out-of-comfort tasks in support of team objectives).
- Extensive relevant work experience
- Education including an MBA is a plus
- Track record in market analysis and strategy development
- Experience in opportunity identification and delivery in the renewables/power market
- Comfortable with the principles of Economics, Finance, Contracting and Procurement
- Proven ability to maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Proven track record in working in joint ventures, or in start-ups, is a plus
apply for this now
+44 (0) 771 502 7923