As part of the recently announced framework agreement with Shell New Energies, Taylor Hopkinson is assisting with the appointment of a Business Development Manager to drive growth and strategy in their Offshore Wind business across Taiwan and the broader Asian region. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading organisation during an exciting period of expansion and growth.
- As the wind team’s spearhead in country you are expected to maintain local relationships with government organizations, industry association, supply chain, power sector, technology/research institutes, and the wider Shell organization in Taiwan and the region (including Shell Energy in Singapore, and Project & Technology in India).
- As a member of a global team you will work internationally with commercial wind colleagues, opportunity leads, technical and finance experts.
- The expectation is that several opportunities will be developed in partnerships; the commercial lead is expected to be the senior local Shell representative in the joint venture activities.
- Success in wind developments is governed through access to resource (wind), power price, cost effective design and supply chain cost, financing arrangements, and access to markets/customers. All these elements are important in the evaluation of prospects, and in being successful in delivering investable business cases.
- As the industry is maturing, the competitive landscape is changing and will require innovation at several levels, including commercial and partnering strategies.
- The successful candidate will report to the global lead for Wind Commercial and Business Development.
- Demonstrable experience leading and expanding offshore wind opportunities in new markets.
- Track record in market analysis and strategy development
- Experience in opportunity identification and delivery in the renewables/power market
- Comfortable with the principles of Economics, Finance, Contracting and Procurement
- Proven ability to maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Proven track record in working in joint ventures, or in start-ups, is a plus
- Working in an integrated multifunctional, commercially oriented team.
- The team is dispersed globally with a centre of gravity in Europe.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work in the fastest growing offshore wind market with a company seeking to become a major player in the sector. For further information, please contact Clint Harrison email@example.com or apply via the links below.
apply for this now