Wind farm organisation currently seeking a Certification Manager to be based in the UK on a 12-month contract.
- Managing all aspects of the project certification and will manage the inputs of the main contractors to meet the requirements of the Certification and Verification Authority (CVA).
- Enable a clear path towards project certification through development, towards financial investment decision (FID) and into the fabrication and installation phases, where QA/QC and manufacturing surveillance activities will be of value.
- Implement and further develop the existing Project Certification Strategy document to encompass the execution phase.
- Establish and maintain a certification interface matrix and input to the overall Project Level Risk and Opportunities Matrix.
- Maintain an overview of the design activities relevant to the certification process to be performed by the Tier 1 contractors and their sub-contractors, where applicable.
- Act as a guardian/gate-keeper for certification technical queries (TQs) from Tier 1 contractors and their design-house sub-contractors via the document control software.
- Regular communication with CVA, the Tier 1 contractors and their sub-contractors, especially during peak project activities.
- Share relevant information from CVA and Tier 1 contractors Progress Reports with Engineering Team.
- Issue and manage all certification-related TQs on behalf of the Engineering Team.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with the contractual obligations of the main packages and their respective early works / pre-construction agreements relevant to the certification process.
- Help the relevant package managers to develop certification requirements under the main execution contracts.
- Contribute to a good working relationship with the Tier 1’s and relevant sub-contractors.
- Manage the timely inputs of the CVA in-line with the scope of works under the commissioned CVA role as per the signed Certification Consultancy Agreement.
- Monitor the variation orders of the CVA in close liaison with the Engineering Manager.
- Control the number of requests from the Tier 1 contractors and collate and manage the requested inputs of the CVA to ensure the workflow is as efficient as possible and costs to the project minimised.
- Degree qualified in engineering or science (Master’s level or equivalent)
- Experience of successfully managing the project certification of similar large-scale offshore projects (preferably offshore wind farms)
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant technical standards for certification and demonstrable experience of working with some of the leading CVA companies in the industry
- Good working knowledge of the relevant design codes and standards, technical specifications and industry guidelines for the design, supply, transportation and installation of offshore wind farm assets including but not limited to (Wind Turbine generators (WTGs), WTG substructures and foundations, transition piece (TP), inter-array cables, export cables, offshore substation platform (OSP)
- Knowledge of the type certification requirements for the WTG Rotor Nacelle Assembly (RNA) and the typical interfaces with the tower, WTG substructure and foundation designs (most notably the coupled analysis load iterations)
apply for this now
+44 7710 074 615