Taylor Hopkinson has been retained on an exclusive basis to search for and select a Managing Director, Investments for a new joint venture focused on expanding its' existing portfolio within the offshore wind sector in Europe.
The role will report to the President and be responsible for origination, due diligence, structuring and transacting on offshore wind assets across Europe at various stages of the asset life cycle, including acquisitions of equity stakes in existing projects in development, construction or operations and establishing development partnerships.
- The Managing Director, Investments will provide senior level input into and subsequently implement the investment strategy for expansion of the JV portfolio in Europe.
- Origination of investment opportunities in all their forms, from acquisitions of equity stakes in development or construction assets to development partnerships.
- In collaboration with the President, other senior team members and external experts, lead the due diligence exercise and all other elements of a transaction, including commercial, financial, regulatory and negotiation of key legal contracts.
- Leading the JV Investment team in the commercial due diligence processes for further offshore wind project acquisition with a focus on the following:
- Key development and commercial risks and considerations underlying the development plan, with a view of potential mitigants.
- Negotiations around development agreements, joint bidding agreements, shareholder agreements, sale purchase agreements, project finance and governance.
- Liaise with all internal & external project partners including project lenders, advisers, local governments, insurance providers, electricity off-taker’s commercial personnel, while maintaining a strong network of contacts across Europe.
- Manage JV project pipeline and comply with project’s reporting standards on development budget, planning, etc.
- Accountable for ensuring that acquisition and partnering matters are in accordance with legislation, ethics, industry standards, regulatory aspects and project policies.
- Degree qualified or above with a strong commercial background preferably centred on offshore wind.
- Strong credibility with investors and JV partners established through the successful acquisition and development of offshore wind projects at various stages in the project life-cycle.
- Demonstrable experience in leading positive outcomes on due diligence processes in leadership positions. Experience in offshore wind energy companies is a plus.
- Previous experience in the wind sector, with the lion’s share spent in leading the origination, development and financing of offshore wind projects.
- Experience in evaluation of development and permit conditions, commercial contracts, joint venture partnership agreements, shareholder agreements, sale purchase agreements, project financing.
- Ability to work at the start up stage of a project, develop systems / standards and processes.
- Strong commitment and proven leadership skills, accomplished business development, investment, negotiation and structuring skills.
- Work collaboratively with JV’s other departments (including but not limited to the technical department and the finance department) and the project JV partners.
- Ability to communicate across all levels and multiple nationalities and cultures.
- Excellent communication, diplomatic, networking and influencing skills both inside and outside the JV project team, as well as previous experience working for/with institutional investors and engaging with Boards.
- Ability to take initiative and make rational decisions when under pressure, and be result oriented.
- Exposure to full acquisition and development life cycle of offshore wind farms would be advantageous.
- Ability to liaise and lead conversation with the various advisers: legal, regulatory, financial.
- Ability to lead or meaningfully contribute to the financial structuring of the deal to realise improved returns is an advantage.
- Willing to travel frequently to countries/regions where the projects are located.
- Share knowledge and experience in offshore wind with peers in the business development department.
apply for this now
0141 559 6160