A Civil Balance of Plant (BOP) Specialist required to join a leading Renewable Energy developer, to be based in Norway, North East of Oslo for an onshore wind farm project. This is an 18 month contract.
- The Civil BOP Specialist (CBS) is responsible for the implementation of the following areas of the project: Civil Works, Crane Pads, Roads modification, New roads, Foundations and Ground Survey.
- Authority, to make technical decisions within the work package after consulting the site manage and Project Manager
- The right to obtain and receive all information relevant to the turbine and infrastructure implementation.
- Work within the project team to ensure the success of the project
- Liaise with other project team members and support functions
- Contact person (internal and external) for technical clarifications of the above work package
- Compile specifications for the above mentioned work packages
- Support SM in project reporting
- Support SM in package related interface management
- Liaison with subcontractors for solving technical issues
- Responsible for all civil works matters
- Undertake adequate safety walks on site in order to ensure that the work is being carried out in a safely manner
- Responsible for the management of all interfaces between the contract pack- ages
- Review and comment on reliability of the design, compliance with the relevant specifications, design standards adopted by the contractors and design procedures proposed by the contractors
- Ongoing monitoring of the contractors’ design and performance to ensure that design are progressing in a manner to satisfactorily meet the requirements of the project
- Require changes to be made to the design of the Works where required; Refer all changes, which could significantly affect the capability, functionality cost or program of the Works to the Site Manager for agreement
- Monitor and review the project contractors implementation activities in order to ensure that all civil works is delivered, and commissioned to time and budget and meet the required performance standards
- Review of contractors’ final documentation to ensure that the documentation meets the contractual requirements
- Excellent judgement and decision making skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively in English and Norwegian
- Excellent interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
- Able to liaise with other departments/clients where necessary
- Experience of the engineering involved in large scale wind energy projects
- Knowledge of instrumentation and control systems, substation construction, high voltage cabling and grid connections.
- Experience of dealing with external partners and local authorities
- Civil Engineering Qualification
For more information, apply online or contact Donna Ellcock on +44 (0) 7872 500 798
apply for this now
+44 (0) 787 250 0798