Wind farm consultancy currently seeking a Civil Site Manager to be based in the UK on a contract basis for a major offshore wind farm project.
- Support the delivery of the Civil, Electrical and/or Cable construction works for the project to relevant safety, quality and environmental standards whilst ensuring financial and programme targets are met.
- Supporting the Construction Manager in planning, management of and monitoring the construction activities including aspects such as site mobilisation, safety coordination across all Contractors, safety performance measurement and monitoring, leading the relevant site staff and delivering the works to the agreed scope.
- Managing the contractors, material and conditions of contract.
- Support the Construction Manager and Site Management team(s) in implementing the project Safety Management system.
- Comply with all relevant legislation with a particular focus on CDM and the role of the Principal Contractor/Contractor.
- Assist in the preparation of relevant safety documentation.
- Conducting necessary site inductions, delivery of pertinent safety communications at site, participating in safety leadership tours, incident management and reporting and safety observation reporting.
- Review of Contractor pre-task planning documentation including method statements and risk assessments to facilitate daily site checks to ensure activities are being carried out safely.
- Manage and deliver Civil and Cable Site Works in accordance with client specifications, engineering specifications, British Standards, Euro Codes and other Industry standards.
- Manage and deliver Site Works to meet commercial conditions of contract including minimising delays and claims for variations.
- Collate and provide monthly reports including early warnings and variations.
- Coordinate the site activities of the project (for relevant discipline area) in accordance with contractor’s scope of works.
- Act as the site point of contact for your relevant discipline area.
- Organise contractors, plan and chair site meetings, complete site quality, safety and environmental inspections.
- Deal with and resolve disputes whether they are technical, financial or other.
- Minimise variations and manage the variations process where appropriate.
- Review contractor measures, applications for payment and confirm accuracy.
- Prepare and provide site works progress reports related to your discipline area on a regular and ad-hoc basis.
- Provide technical support, advice and instruction (related to your discipline area) to various contractors and others on-site.
- Deliver site works in accordance with relevant Safety, Quality and Environmental processes and procedures.
- Minimise non-conformances or resolve within specified timescales.
- Significant experience in managing Civil and Cable site construction works for electrical transmission projects
- HNC in related engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of specification, design, maintenance, construction and commissioning of either civil, electrical or overhead line and cable works
- Awareness of regulatory issues impacting the business
- Experience in major UK onshore infrastructure construction projects
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation related to construction
- Safety trained for managing site construction works, e.g. 5-day CITB SMSTS or equivalent
- Practical experience and awareness of CDM Regulations 2007, in particular the role of the Principal Contractor and Contractor roles supported by practical experience
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160