Commercial Asset Manager – Solar PV
Commercial Asset Manager required to join a UK investment and asset management business in the renewable energy industry.
- The successful appointee will take responsibility for the supporting effective and efficient delivery of the commercial management function under the Asset Management agreements for a portfolio of solar PV assets in the UK to protect and enhance their value on behalf of the owners.
- The Commercial Manager will be part of the Asset Management team and will report to the Head of Operations. They will work closely with the wider asset management team including technical asset management and performance manager and external technical advisers as appropriate
- Responsible for managing commercial agreements and the compliance of the SPV and the contractors with their contractual obligations including:
- Power purchase agreements and FIT agreements
- Operations and Maintenance agreements
- Insurance policies and supporting management of claims
- Lease agreements and lease payments
- Asset Management Agreements
- Responsible for setting up and managing the Corporate Diary for all SPVs
- Support tendering and procurement activities with support of external advisers as appropriate.
- Maintaining good communications with the team to ensure assets are optimised and fit with the company’s goals and standards.
- Contributes in the preparation of tender documents supporting the senior team.
- Actively share lessons learnt and contribute to the continuous improvement for other sites
- Support other business development/project origination activities as necessary
- Any other reasonable requests from the Head of Operations.
Prospective candidates should be educated to degree level in an engineering or commercial discipline and be able to provide evidence of being / having:
- At least 1 year of experience in the energy and renewables industry.
- A self-starter with a passion for the renewable energy industry, desire for success and the willingness to challenge the status quo in order to maximise assets’ ROI safely following best practise guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build rapport quickly and develop long-term relationships with all stakeholder groups.
- Professionalism, the ability to understand and manage client expectations and deliver high quality service
- Excellent EXCEL and Database skills, comfortable with manipulating large data sets and data analysis to support commercial decision making.
- Robust and resilient character with the ability to operate optimally within a fast-paced, private equity-backed environment.
apply for this now
+44 1689 669 380