Taylor Hopkinson is recruiting a Continuous Improvement Specialist to work with a major offshore wind developer.The position involves regular travel and can be worked across a number of locations in the UK, Germany or Denmark.This is a one year, fixed-term maternity position with high chance of being permanent.
Together with your colleagues, you will be responsible for implementing a continuous improvement culture and practice at O&M sites, supporting local improvement initiatives and delivering cross-site improvement and standardisation projects.
You will deliver diverse projects across different sites, including training, coaching and mentoring managers, supervisors and technicians in a range of Lean and continuous improvement tools and techniques.
You will have extensive experience and a passion for continuous improvement that is infectious, influencing those around you to follow your example.
As well as management or supervisory-level experience in operations and maintenance, manufacturing or similar, you will likely have relevant experience as an in-house or external project manager or consultant.
- Lead Lean and continuous improvement projects at a site or a regional cluster of sites.
- Support operations and maintenance sites in building a continuous improvement culture, including providing training, coaching and mentoring in a range of lean and continuous improvement tools and techniques.
- Working directly with local site management teams and technicians, you will use your expertise in Lean and continuous improvement methodologies to systematically review performance, identify opportunities and implement improvements.
- You will promote the benefits of Lean and continuous improvement culture within operations and the wider organisation.
- Degree or vocational qualification in mechanical, electrical or manufacturing engineering (or similar relevant technical discipline).
- Speak and write English (and ideally also German) fluently build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Have management or supervisory-level experience of industrial operations, e.g. manufacturing, power generation or similar industries.
- Have extensive experience in a continuous improvement or operational excellence role, including experience of driving high-profile change projects, facilitating workshops and engaging with stakeholders at all levels from top management to technicians.
- You will have a passion for continuous improvement that is infectious, influencing those around you to follow your example.
- As you will be working remotely from your colleagues and manager in Operations Excellence, it is essential that you thrive on working independently as well as within international, dynamic and rapidly-changing teams. Moreover, you are a confident self-starter who is able to set your own goals and motivate those around you to help you deliver them.
- It would be an advantage if you have relevant experience from offshore wind operation and maintenance.
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160