Leading Offshore Wind developer currently seeking to recruit a Development Director (Offshore Wind) in Korea on a Permanent basis.
- Act as the key technical and commercial resource for the development of the Offshore Wind pipeline in Korea, working closely with the Client team in Korea and potential and actual development partners.
- Assist Team Executives to identify and assess new Offshore Wind opportunities in the Korean market.
- Manage and obtain all environmental approvals and other development permits on existing and potential projects.
- Build strong working relationship with key developers in the sector and other potential partners.
- Ensure all potential investments are in accordance with the Client’s investment criteria and are integrated successfully into the portfolio.
- Engage and manage suitable consultants to undertake environmental impact assessments on the identified sites.
- Assist Team Executives to undertake due diligence on projects or development opportunities including the selection, appointment and management of due diligence advisers as necessary.
- Proactively manage the development process including identifying key risks to project delivery and managing budget and funding to minimise potential losses due to delays or failure to secure projects.
- Identify any remaining development permits or consents required before construction can commence and work to secure these and de-risk projects before the financing process begins.
- Scope and select project advisers and consultants including owners engineer, legal advisers and other market, technical or environmental consultants.
- Identify, tender and select equipment suppliers, EPC and O&M contractors for projects.
- Oversee the effective development and implementation of contractors’ health & safety management plans.
- Commercial review and negotiation of term sheets and contracts, including agreements for equipment supply, power purchase agreements (PPAs), leases, EPC and O&M agreements.
- Assist Team Executives to prepare project specific elements of internal approval papers and information memoranda for debt and equity investors.
- Lead the development of suitable Owner’s Representative teams for construction and operational phases of each transaction.
- Any other tasks that would be required to fulfil the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management discipline. Any additional qualifications in Law/Banking/Finance/Mathematics would be advantageous.
- Significant experience with an energy asset manager, energy developer, EPC contractor, utility or related field.
- Previous experience working in an Offshore Wind developer, equipment supplier or contractor.
- Proven commercial skills in negotiating infrastructure contracts and involvement in successful negotiations relating to contract variations.
- Project development experience including the identification of sites, negotiation of land leases or options, securing grid connections, easements, planning and environmental approvals.
- Equipment procurement experience, selecting suitable equipment suppliers and running competitive tenders for greenfield utilities projects.
- Experience in working successfully with international and local financial institutions to deliver project finance solutions.
- High commercial acumen and solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Operational management of utilities projects or plants either as part of an industrial owner, utility or investment fund.
- Managing utilities projects from development stage through to construction which have successfully secured non-recourse project finance.
- Fluent in Korean (written and spoken) and English (spoken).
apply for this now
+44 7710 074 615