Taylor Hopkinson is a looking appoint an Electrical Engineering Manager for a leading international energy company. This position is based in North East US. The successful individual will be responsible for the electrical engineering aspects for an offshore wind farm.
- Manage, plan and negotiate grid interconnection agreements for offshore wind projects in PJM, NYISO and NEISO control areas.
- Ensure that requirements in grid codes, standards and tariffs relevant to interconnection processes in the US are incorporated into the wind farm design.
- Monitor the development of grid framework conditions in relevant US markets and together with the regulatory team advise on how to engage.
- Assess the need for and scope grid interconnection studies.
- Interact with relevant authorities and grid owners/operators, project team, regulatory team and support project activities as required.
- Support the electrical discipline within the project including interfaces with other disciplines.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or other related technical discipline and (preferably) more than 10 years of relevant work experience, and at least 5 years experiences from generator interconnection processes from grid operators / owners or consulting companies.
- Candidates with a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and minimum 10 years proven relevant work experience, or candidates with a Master’s degree with less than 10 years general experience but 5 years with generator interconnection processes experience may also apply.
- Relevant work experience may compensate for formal education.
- Ability to energize and motivate people.
- High level of autonomy and initiative.
- Team player, trust builder, with strong networking skills.
- Able to deliver results in a high pressure environment.
apply for this now
+1 800 792 3980