Our client is a world leading developer of renewable energy projects focusing on onshore and offshore wind and onshore PV schemes. They develop renewable energy assets globally and is committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety and quality standards.
We are currently recruiting a Head of Offshore Engineering to support the offshore team’s drive to secure and deliver significant projects, both in the UK and Worldwide . Primary responsibilities will include providing technical input to site selection, production of project specifications , managing consultants and contractors and providing input to contract documents for projects in all of our client’s jurisdictions.
- Assessing and quantifying ground risk and other engineering factors to assist with site selection primarily within UK and Scottish waters.
- Developing CAPEX and OPEX assumptions associated with differing ground conditions and foundation types
- Development of specifications for development projects to provide the basis for Environmental Impact Assessment.
- Specify, tender and manage offshore survey works , including bathymetric surveys, geophysical surveys and geotechnical investigations.
- Management of contractors, subcontractors and partners.
- Assist with the preparation of Construction contracts. Contribute to project scheduling/ budgeting and risk management.
- Contribute to assembly of and quality assurance checks for contract documentation
- Selection, co-ordination and management of External Design Consultants
- Development of project schedules and project risk registers
- Development of construction strategies
- Development of Procurement strategies
- Experience in offshore wind site selection
- Knowledge of offshore wind foundation types, ground conditions interpretation and foundation, array cable and turbine installation procedures
- Knowledge of grid connection solutions for offshore wind
- Ability to translate engineering issues into CAPEX and OPEX assumptions
- Knowledge of the Offshore windfarm development and foundation design process
- Experience in geotechnical engineering
- Experience in the preparation of construction contract documents
- Understanding of wind turbine technology and the issues involved with grid connections
- Experience in the preparation of technical specifications and other technical documents
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and in particular, Health and Safety issues offshore
- Experience in tender/bid evaluation
- Experience in conducting technical and commercial negotiations with EPC contractors/grid Companies etc.
- IT literate
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills
- Strong report writing skills
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160