EPC Director required to join a global Developer, EPC and tracking systems manufacturer in the Solar PV industry, based in Hamburg.
The ideal candidate will be a confident and highly capable, with strong experience in EPC (with focus on design and engineering), and a demonstrated ability to effectively provide sound technical advice, exercise good business judgement, and work with senior management, other colleagues, external stakeholders, customers and regulators, in an international setup. Experience in the solar industry / energy / engineering field is a must.
- Manage the technical team members (internal and external, i.e. Owner’s Engineer) to execute the project developments (and potential deployment) per our clients commitments and forecasts, and timeline.
- Supervise and guide design and engineering activities and ensure engineering designs meet local and international standards.
- Selection of EPC contractors and contract negotiation for upcoming projects. RFP management and EPC selection, EPC contract negotiation, engineering review.
- Develop and implement an OHS and Quality Control process in the Company.
- Work with the Project Manager(s) during the execution of the projects, i.e. verify construction progress, resolve conflict situations due to disputes technical matters, witness commissioning activities, and check technical documentation.
- Lead technical due diligence activities for new project opportunities.
- Prepare forecasts and budget for project development across the various markets.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor or Master's degree in an Engineering Discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience in utility-scale PV or power generation.
- Fluency in German is required; further language skills (i.e. English) would be advantageous.
- Advantageous to have experience in OHS aspects.
- Strong negotiating skills. Ability to negotiate development rights, EPC/O&M agreements and other ancillary agreements, etc.
- Solid and effective interpersonal and communication skills (including oral, written and visual).
- Experience engaging with and evaluating equipment vendors and service providers (including engineering firms and EPC contractors). Ability to read & understand electrical, structural, mechanical & architectural drawings.
- Wide knowledge of relevant regulations and standards (e.g., electrical code, building codes, international design standards).
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Projects.
- Ability to function successfully both independently and within a team.
- Energetic, strong entrepreneurial spirit, positive and can-do attitude and ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% or more of the time
apply for this now
01689 669 380