Taylor Hopkinson is working with a major offshore wind developer who are looking for a Fabrication Engineer on a long term freelance basis to be based in the substructure team which is responsible for the engineering, construction and installation of the WTG substructures and monopiles for the project. This is an office based role with regular travel to fabrication yards.
- Represent the project team at the WTG substructure fabrication sites.
- Track fabrication progress and undertake inspections as and when required.
- Attend progress meetings on a regular basis as required.
- Manage the delivery of the works, i.e. change requests, technical queries, nonconformance reports etc.
- Ensure the correct project interfacing is being undertaken and perform the coordination required to achieve a successful delivery.
- Manage the HSE aspects of the build on behalf of the project.
- Manage the financial aspects of the build on behalf of the project, review variations and approve payments etc.
- Review of applicable contractor fabrication documentation, i.e. Specifications, Procedures, Qualifications, Drawings, Reports etc. Where deemed appropriate for delivery of the works.
- Weekly reporting on delivery of the works for all fabrication contractors.
- Previous construction experience within the offshore wind industry.
- Extensive experience in a comparable role.
- A proven engineering/fabrication/welding background.
- Knowledge of structural design processes and in offshore installation is required.
- Working knowledge of construction standards, codes of practice and regulations/legislation relating to electrical and instrumentation work.
- Knowledge of safety legislation and regulations.
- Proficient knowledge of Office suite including Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
- A good understanding and interpretation of engineering and fabrication drawings.
- Full driving licence.
- Ability to travel at short notice and for extended periods.
Apply for this Now
+44 787 250 0798