As a First Line Support Engineer you are the ‘spider in the web’, the central point of all technical requests related to our client's wind turbine onshore/ offshore fleet (more specific Platforms: Siemens D3, Siemens G4, MVOW V164 and/or Nordex Delta).
- Know all the ‘ins and outs’ of the different turbine platforms from the technical side (more specific Platforms: Siemens D3)
- Receive, record and effectively evaluate technical requests (including trouble shooting ones) to ensure accurate assessment and best resolution, for each situation, is provided to the different stakeholders.
- Prioritise those technical requests in relation to all open items on the whole fleet to ensure immediate actions are taken. Distribute those requests to other departments if required.
- Coordinate with sites to ensure implementations are followed.
- Generate regularly performance reports for management.
- Prepare, Review and Update on Standard Work Documentation (Work Instructions including Risk Assessments, Troubleshooting guides, Manuals, Service Checklists).
- Create, coordinate and maintain internal expert operational groups for the different Platforms where technical knowledge is shared and captured.
- A technical background with a qualification in electrical and/or mechanical discipline is required or qualified by experience.
- Previous experience in electronics, computers and troubleshooting background is a plus.
- Knowledge of one or more technical turbine platform(s) Siemens D3 is a must-have.
- Work experience in the wind industry, including technical knowledge of wind farms is essential.
- SAP Plant Maintenance is mandatory
- Fluent use of standard office software and use of standard portal based systems.
- High energy level, responsible and structured person that delivers with high quality and seeks for improvements. Practical approach, hands-on, open minded and eager to learn new things. Can extract core content from complex and diverse information and present it in a simple way.
- Capable of working independently and as a team member in a cohesive and participative manner. Reach out to others on time, escalate when required.
- Ability to manage high pressure situations and to make effective use of time to ensure completion of tasks is a must.
- A good command of English, spoken and written is a must. Together with strong communication skills and confidence in dealing with numerous stakeholders
- Ability to work in an Intercultural, dynamic, international, multidisciplinary environment.
- A flexible attitude with regards to tasks, hours and travelling as/when necessary.
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160