Taylor Hopkinson is recruiting a Fleet Engineer to work with the Onshore Turbine department of a leading wind developer.
This position is ideal for a candidate with experience of the Nordex Delta generation and specialist knowledge of power converters.
The position can be based in Malmo, Hamburg or Essen.
- Define, evaluate, and continuously improve technical requirements/specifications in close collaboration with the region.
- Support field Operational teams during commissioning, unscheduled maintenance and fault finding.
- Inspect wind turbines, e.g. for take- over, end of warranty, manufacturing.
- Establish and update a technical bulletin on the WTG´s fleet performance, failure rates and reliability of the components.
- Perform root cause analysis of major and repetitive failures.
- Stay up to date with all technological developments in the wind industry, participate in Technical Due Diligences, close collaboration with T&I.
- Design and technical assessment of WTG retrofits and WTG upgrades.
- Comprehensive failure analysis and technical support on WTG underperformance issues..
- Drive down LCOE on new Development projects and Operational assets.
- Focus on quality, continuous improvement and stakeholder relations.
- Collaborate in the definition and standardization of the different processes of the Engineering department.
- A proven technical experience (Electrical) in Nordex Delta Generation.
- Electronics background with demonstrable power converter experience.
- B.Sc. in Eng. degree or equivalent.
- Willing to climb & work at height.
- High willingness to travel (approx. 50%) around Europe.
- Willing to adapt a safety-first culture and collaborate with HSE department.
- A proven background in Engineering or Operations and a track record of taking initiatives and delivering business improvements.
- Strong Hands-on mentality.
- Business fluent in English (speaking and writing), Swedish as 2nd preferably language.
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160