Foundation Package Manager (Taiwan)
Hai Long Offshore Wind, a joint venture between Northland Power, Yushan Energy and Mitsui, has retained Taylor Hopkinson on an exclusive basis to search for and selection several critical team members to be based in Taipei, including a Foundations Package Manager. The Foundations Package Manager will be responsible for delivering component and project certification/verification within the agreed scope, budget, quality & schedule.
Joining the project in this formative stage of the team, and the entire industry in Taiwan, offers the right individual the opportunity to shape the future of Taiwanese offshore wind. Using initiative, experience and team work to establish and drive the project will be essential as you operate in an autonomous and self-sufficient business unit tasked with the delivery of a + $4 billion asset.
Cultural awareness and emotional intelligence will be needed to communicate effectively with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders. Success will require an ability to solve complex technical and commercial problems with a high level of commercial acumen in this exciting emerging market that has ambitions to be the hub for offshore wind the APAC region.
- Leading and reviewing the foundation design (loads, soil, scour, structure) that will provide the case study for future projects in Taiwan in this region.
- Leading enabling works associated with the Foundation package – site geophysical and geotechnical investigation campaigns and technical assessment of ground conditions.
- Gathering Lessons Learnt from previous Northland projects and projects you have previously delivered to optimize Hai Long in an emerging market environment.
- Coordination and implementation of interfaces to wind turbines, array cable, control system, logistics, certification and authorities in cooperation with the Interface Manager.
- Support the responsible Foundations Contract Manager in all technical matters.
- Coordination of the tender process and negotiation phase together with the Foundations Contract Manager.
- Delivering the Project Certification Plan with your fellow Package Managers.
- Ensuring that local authority requirements and practices are included in the scope of works
- Cross-project coordination of external certification resources.
- Supporting the QM manager during preparation and implementation of the quality plan for the Project and Package.
- Organization of the QC during fabrication, transportation and installation of the foundations.
- Delivering project conformity statements and certificates in line with the Project Certification Plan you have helped design.
- Coordination of O&M issues with the O&M Manager.
- Delivering Transfer Documents prior to transfer to O&M.
- Ensuring value add from certification activities.
- Securing alignment with processes, plans and instructions.
- Key account management in relation to certification bodies and acting as route of escalation of issues towards these certification bodies.
- Ensuring completion of certification of Site Conditions in coordination with the?Permitting team.
- Certification of the foundation design.
- Monthly reporting to Engineering and Project Management.
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. in structural/civil engineering
- Experience in foundation design and certification for at least one offshore wind project from pre-construction to COD
- Strong understanding of certification requirements
- Team player who is willing and able to work with others to solve problems and share knowledge
- Culturally aware with a high level of emotional intelligence to work effectively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken
- Driven by an adventurous spirit and the opportunity to be at the forefront of an emerging market
- Proven ability to manage ambiguity and shape processes and systems
- Flexibility to meet the demands of the project
- Able to travel locally and internationally to meet with internal and external stakeholders as required
Applicants must be prepared to relocate to Taiwan until at least summer 2022 when the final investment decision will be taken. Preference will be given to those applicants who can also commit to remaining with the project through delivery to 2024.
Taylor Hopkinson have supported professionals to relocate to Taiwan since 2017 and we can advise on the logistics and practicalities of this transition (taxes, housing, schooling, lifestyle, etc.). All applications are held in strictest confidence.
All direct and third-party applications to the client will be forwarded to Taylor Hopkinson for processing.
Closing date for applications is 22nd of August 2019.
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160