Leading offshore wind developer offering an excellent opportunity for a talented engineer with experience of offshore wind turbines to take the next step in their career.
You'll be able to not only build your career with one of the world's leading energy suppliers, but also play a key role in hugely exciting sustainable energy operations.
- Review and assess the performance of existing wind turbine foundation structures and support with the implementation of our fleet-wide asset integrity strategy
- Analyze relevant structural monitoring data on a regular basis
- Support the development of new foundation structures for offshore wind turbines
- Support the development of cost-effective solutions for larger, deep-water turbines
- Ensure that all lessons learned from existing fleet are incorporated into our new developments
- Improve the cost performance of wind farms, often undertake research and review new developments in technology
- Take into account the implications for the fabrication, transportation and installation of wind turbines – particularly bearing in mind a preference for onshore prefabrication
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and external design houses and fabricators to standardise the overall approach to technical pre-qualification and specification.
- Educated to degree level in civil or structural engineering, or equivalent experience
- Relevant experience of engineering design, plant construction and contract and consultancy management – ideally relating to offshore wind farms.
- Relevant experience in civil engineering and structural design, plant construction, technical, contract and consultancy management, ideally including renewable technologies of offshore wind, with experience in:
- Design calculations, structural modelling and dynamic loading of offshore structures
- Design life re-assessment
- Concept design calculations and reporting
- geotechnical assessments and foundation installation.
- Fluent English
- Member of a professional engineering body (desirable)
- Proven experience supporting renewable construction projects.
- The drive and motivation to meet time, cost and quality targets.
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively in an international business
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160