Major offshore wind developer looking for a Geotechnical Engineer to be based in Glasgow on a contract basis.
- Planning of onshore/offshore ground investigations.
- Laboratory tests scheduling, both standard and advanced (e.g. cyclic Triaxial tests).
- Familiarity with offshore ground investigation techniques: borehole drilling, soil sampling, rock coring, Cone Penetration Testing, In-situ testing (e.g. pressure meter).
- Interpretation of ground investigation results: ground unitisation, soils and rocks parameters identification, definition of ground models and design parameters profiles.
- Jack-up spud cans penetration analysis.
- Reviewing technical documentation.
- Writing technical reports and scope of works.
- Communicate and liaise with projects stakeholders.
- Piles design: RATZ, OPILE, ALP, L-PILE, GRLWEAP.
- Numerical analysis: FLAC (2D and 3D), PLAXIS (2D and 3D).
- Numerical analysis of geotechnical problems, with particular reference to constitutive modelling and non-linear soil response.
- Strong academic background with a relevant degree.
- Willingness to travel on short assignments both within the UK and overseas.
- Good knowledge of most common design codes, standards and recommendations for offshore wind foundations: DNV (e.g. DNVGL-ST-0126, DNVGL-RP-C212), API (e.g. RP 2A, RP 2GEO).
- Experience in the design of foundations for offshore wind turbines and substations, for different foundations types (e.g. monopile, jacket on piles), with particular focus on:
- Axial piles capacity: traditional methods (e.g. API) and CPT based (e.g. ICP 2005).
- Lateral piles response: traditional load transfer functions (e.g. p-y springs) and special aspects of lateral response for monopiles (e.g. large diameter effects).
- Cyclic response of offshore foundations (e.g. degradation of axial pile capacity).
- Driveability analysis.
- Experience on geohazards: e.g. scour, seabed stability, shallow gas.
- Previous experience in offshore geotechnical surveys.
- Previous experience in offshore foundations installation/construction works (e.g. pile driving).
- Previous experience in suction buckets design: installation feasibility analyses, in-place response.
- Proficiency in numerical analysis of geotechnical problems, with particular reference to coupled problems, cyclic soil behaviour and three-dimensional problems.
- Previous experience in offshore geophysical surveys.
- Previous experience in cables burial assessments.
- Data processing: Microsoft Excel.
Apply for this Now
+44 7710 074 615