Taylor Hopkinson is supporting a leading developer offshore wind in their search for a Grid Connection Engineer with a focus on electrical system design and grid connection.
Your primary task is to design the electrical power transmission system of the wind farms and ensure grid code compliance. Moreover, you’ll participate in relevant project meetings and cooperate with other team members to facilitate synergies across the project. You’ll also keep track of risks and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Design the overall electrical power transmission system from the onshore substation to the wind turbine generator
- Perform power system studies on the wind farm either directly or in cooperation with other colleagues, including Power Flow, Voltage Control, Dynamic Analysis, Fault Ride Through, Stability and Harmonic studies
- Manage the grid connection process and the data exchange with the TSO based on the grid connection agreement and compliance process.
- Handle other aspects in connection with the projects, e.g. optimisation and cost-benefit analyses, support environmental impact assessments and prepare grid connection solutions.
- Document the technical solutions and analyses, support procurement, decision processes, divestments and OFTO transactions and, not least, planning work to meet critical milestones.
- Bachelor’s degree or, preferably, a master’s degree in electrical engineering.
- Experience with electrical systems and simulation tools like DigSILENT PowerFactory and PSCAD.
- Proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks.
- Speak and write English fluently.
- Thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, enabling you to convey complex issues in a simple, yet precise manner, as well as to present results in a professional and effective way to various types of audience.
- Results-oriented and analytical approach to your work and enjoy working both independently and together with your colleagues and business partners.
apply for this now
+1 800 792 3980