Leading Offshore Wind Developer currently seeking Quality Manager (OFTO) to be based in London on a freelance basis.
- Maintain and improve internal Quality Management Systems.
- Coordinate and support sub-package quality managers and quality inspectors.
- Establishing and maintaining weekly meetings and report with sub-packages quality managers to ensure an appropriate understanding of its status and main areas of concern, so actions can be implemented.
- Establishing and maintaining weekly and monthly reports across sub-packages to ensure an appropriate
- reporting line to the Project quality management about the status and mania areas of concern of the Grid package.
- Coordinate and/or perform internal and external audits to the Grid package.
- Follow up and closure of any Audit’s NCRs.
- Implement NCR procedure, ensuring consistent identification, register and closure of NCRs across sub-packages.
- Collaborate with the different members of the quality team, sharing lessons learnt and reporting deviations in order to improve the overall quality performance.
- Plan the grid package resources to ensure they are appropriate and sufficient to achieve the Project requirement’s compliance.
- Propose a package Audit program for the different suppliers and internal procedures.
- Establishing, reviewing and reporting on overall package quality KPIs in a weekly and monthly basis.
- Implement, promote and measure performance to achieve quality goals on the project.
- Creating a quality culture throughout the project team and other stakeholders.
- Embed a consistent and controlled approach to any works throughout the project team e.g. engineering, procurement, construction etc.
- Ensure fundamental project reference documents are in place, monitored, updated and communicated on a regular basis e.g. Project Quality Plan.
- Update, create or facilitate the creation of standard quality specifications to be issued to suppliers to ensure customer, regulatory or other requirements are being met.
- Inspecting and auditing internal and external parties as required.
- Working to the company methodology for equipment categorization and inspection regimes.
- Deliver works to customer, legal and other requirements (standards etc.).
- Responsible for appropriate Document procedure implementation across all the OFTO sub-packages.
- Responsible of maintaining the OFTO package MDR.
- Ensuring the punctual and accurate delivery by each supplier of manufacturing record book for all the sub-packages.
- Ability to integrate with and influence package teams consisting of various parties.
- Highlight any quality training required across the project team. Support with the delivery of training where possible.
- Ensure a mechanism is in place to capture defective works and monthly reports are produced.
- Supervising technical staff for inspection and tests.
- Complete regular management systems reports.
- Manage and maintain the Project’s quality inspection and product release programs for raw and in-process materials and components, processes and finished goods.
- Maintain awareness of the wider project and business goals and encourage a balanced approach to Quality.
- Taking early action to improve works and support the delivery of wider business goals.
- Engineering degree qualified with electrical background.
- Proven significant Quality Assurance and Quality Control experience in an offshore wind environment.
- Technical experience in electrical. Mechanical or civil construction works experience is also desirable.
- Quality auditing certification required.
- Ability to influence at various levels of an organisation.
- Proven significant experience of IT applications (word, excel, document management systems).
- Proven significant experience of working with multi-disciplinary suppliers.
- Proven experience of implementing or working to an inspection regime for the production of goods/equipment
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy but within the quality/package team at the same time.
apply for this now
+44 7710 074 615