Searching for a Head of Renewable Energy, Investment Performance Team for an international originator, investor and manager of infrastructure and renewable energy projects across a range of international markets including the UK and Europe, Asia Pacific and North America.
The Head of Renewable Energy (RE) is a new position and reflects the increasing importance of RE investments within the portfolio (currently comprising 1150 MW of wind, 750 MW of solar and 40 MW of biomass located in Europe, APAC and North America). The team provides central support to the regions including on portfolio management and valuation services, commercial project reviews, value creation projects and divestments to JLEN and other third parties. The team also provides support to the Investment Committee, providing analysis to help appraise the risks of new investment opportunities and reviewing and monitoring the existing portfolio performance.
- Develop and lead a centre of expertise for RE knowledge across the group – capturing the knowledge within the various regional teams and from existing projects, – contributing to our understanding of emerging technologies and solutions, and – effectively communicating this knowledge across the Group
- Support Regional Asset Management Teams to develop Value Enhancement/Project Optimisations across their RE portfolio
- Support Regional Primary Investment Teams to identify emerging sectors/technologies and approaches to managing associated risks to support new investments (particularly early stage RE development risks)
- Leading the Project Review process for RE projects (including templates, policies, tools) with the following objectives:
- Ensuring the Project Review process drives Asset Directors and project teams to actively monitor project performance, risks and value enhancement/optimisation opportunities throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensuring Project Reviews provide an effective “early” warning mechanism so that additional corrective measures can be agreed
- In conjunction with the Head of Valuation, review and monitor individual project valuations proposed by the regions to ensure the valuations appropriately reflect known value enhancements and project risks
- Ensuring actions are followed up and closed out and that Lessons Learned reports are prepared for major project issues and feedback provided to regional teams, Investment Committee and where appropriate reflected in revised policies for new investments.
- Supporting the Investment Committee to review new RE investment opportunities presented by the regional teams
- Conduct technical workshops with the Regional teams to understand the key technical risks and approaches to managing these risks
- Advise IC on these risks
- Develop best practice guidelines for the regional teams when assessing new investment opportunities
- Experienced in the delivery/ operations/ maintenance of RE projects with very strong technical knowledge
- Demonstrable ability to deal with challenges faced on RE projects
- Breadth of sector experience is preferable
- Experienced in interpreting contractual documentation
- Sound data management skills including an ability to work with/ create a database to monitor project performance Skills
- Ability to apply technical and commercial experience to identify and understand risks and opportunities on a wide range of RE projects within a portfolio
- Numerate, analytical and an ability to question beyond information provided
- Strong attention to detail, an ability to produce high quality outputs and a desire to be part of a centre of excellence
- A team player who can build relationships across the business but also take individual responsibility for initiatives
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver to deadline and manage more than one project at a time
- A second language would be advantageous
- Bachelors or equivalent required in Engineering or similar technical background
Please call Clint Harrison to discuss the role further.
apply for this now
0141 559 6160