Leading offshore wind farm developer currently seeking a HV/LV QC Electrical Inspector to be based in Denmark on a contract.
- Visit the manufacturer, keep track of the QA/QC of the manufacturer and report progress.
- Verify that the components are within the specs of the Employer requirements
- Inspect the components (critical points) report after visit and if need be write NCR
- If components are finished make final inspection with a full FAT or witness the FAT of the main contractor. Any NCR must be reported.
- Review the documents for transport, particularly the packaging, fastening and protection of the item transported.
- Check that the item was transported without damage, inspect together with the main contractor, before installation of this item.
- Check that installation method statements are up to standard, detailed, without ambiguity, according to the applicable standards and that personnel are duly informed, trained for the installation of the HV equipment.
- Follow up the installation of the HV/LV components in the OHVS, special attention to lifting, connections, stability, fastening, and possible
- Review test methods and witness all preliminary tests during the installation.
- Verify that method statements are followed.
- The equipment subject to calibration shall be checked by the HV QC Inspector to ensure that applicable equipment used for testing and measuring is within limits of the applicable standard.
- Full FAT of the OHVS together with Nobelwind electrical engineer and Low Voltage QC inspector, before load out and transport.
- Advise the marine representative of Nobelwind concerning the fragility of the components so that he/she can review load out and sea transport method statements accordingly.
- Make sure that daily, weekly reporting is done and NCR are raised and remedial actions are taken by the contractor and are satisfactory.
- Ensure an open and positive dialogue with applicable persons at the (sub)contractor.
- Collect objective information based on facts about activities not in line with specifications within the defined working areas.
- Report regularly about findings to the Package manager and QHSSE manager and support the Engineer in the evaluation of possible identified non-conformances.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the implementation of corrective actions at the (sub)contractor.
- Master in electrical High Voltage Engineering (or Bachelor with +10y experience)
- Able to read, interpret functional diagrams and single line diagrams
- Able to participate in HAZID sessions
- GWO training (full offshore)
- Very extensive knowledge of IEC standards (possible accredited level)
- Extensive knowledge of the Electrical engineering safety principles
- Knowledge of ABB, Siemens other HV switchgear and components,
- Knowledge of HV/LV transformers and reaction vessels
- Knowledge of the Belgian legislation AREI (general guidelines for electrical installations)
apply for this now
+44 (0) 771 502 7923