We are looking for an HVDC Auxiliary Systems Specialist to work within our Business Area Wind, Offshore, Engineering.
The Engineering department is the technical know-how centre within Business Area Wind, setting the standards and guidelines as well as being embedded within our projects to drive technical excellence through the whole project lifecycle.
Working within the Electrical & SCADA department of Engineering, the HVDC Auxiliary Systems Specialist shall provide expertise on the design and integration of HVDC converter and auxiliary systems for Vattenfall’s future HVDC wind farm connections.
- Support HVDC Long Transmission product development with Vattenfall through delivery of converter and auxiliary system integration expertise to both the technology products project.
- Auxiliary systems to include emergency evacuation/escape, fire detection/suppression, HVAC, oil containment and lightning protection systems.
- Play an active role in delivering cost optimized design for HVDC interconnection systems through cooperation with Vattenfall’s own engineering line organisation, external consultants and OEMs.
- Drive safety by design through the entire project lifecycle.
- Supporting projects during FEED studies to develop optimised platform. solutions.
- Definition of scope split and interfaces between the topside, HV electrical system, cables and auxiliary systems.
- Experience with specification and integration of platform auxiliary systems and services for HVDC platforms.
- Liaising with supply chain to understand new technology developments and maturing of products.
- Technical representative during procurement, design, manufacturing and construction phase of grid connections.
- Preparing technical documentation.
- Review of design documentation from suppliers and contractors.
- Strong HSE culture, with a strong commitment to contribute to the development and delivery of inherently safer wind farm projects.
- High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work.
- Degree level educated in relevant Structural or Electrical engineering discipline
- Min 6 years of experience within offshore structure design/fabrication.
- Demonstrable experience from early concept selection/FEED through to construction and installation/commissioning of offshore substations.
- Strong understanding of platform auxiliary systems and their integration into topside design.
- Experience in developing technologies from concept to commercial availability.
- Familiar with renewable energy technologies, preferably on-and offshore wind.
- Good English language skills. Danish/German language skills an advantage.
- Flexible approach to travel and working offshore.
Choice of Vattenfall locations at Hamburg, London or Kolding.
apply for this now
0141 559 6160