Installation Engineer – Offshore Wind
Our client is one of the leaders in offshore wind globally. They are looking for an Installation Engineer to work on one of the first offshore wind farms in the US.
The Installation Engineer will proactively ensure that offshore installation works are carried out based on balanced contracts and optimised with respect to time, costs and HSEQ, including negotiation, recommendation and management of installation contracts.
- Analysis and recommendations of offshore installation and logistic concepts.
- Optimization of offshore installation and logistic concepts.
- Charter installation vessels including support vessels
- Negotiate and recommend offshore installation contracts including Marine Warranty Surveyor.
- Manage and coordinate offshore installation contracts and activities.
- Manage client reps within individual areas.
- Ensure contractor’s delivery and own review of Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
- Analyse and optimise installation procedures prior and during installation.
- Manage the Marine Warranty Surveyor.
- Coordinate and attend inspections of vessels provided to the projects.
- Suitable educational background as a construction engineer, operations engineer, maritime engineer, maritime officer or similar.
- Good knowledge of FIDIC and BIMCO.
- Extensive experience within the area of construction of offshore wind farms as substitution for a formal technical educational background.
- Preferably considerable professional experience in a staff engineering role within the offshore wind industry.
- Evidence of holding a valid certificate of skills (e.g. fire/safety/lifting)
- Significant experience within the fields of offshore wind turbine installation and/or vessel coordination and performance, preferably from offshore construction projects.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain an overview, focus on essentials and stay calm especially during periods of intense working.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously without losing perspective.
- Skilled at developing good relationships with your colleagues and external business partners.
apply for this now
+1 800 792 3980