Taylor Hopkinson are working with an offshore wind developer who are looking for an Installation Manager to join their offshore wind development team.
- Leading installation, defining the strategy, company and business standards, ensuring quality and best practices.
- Managing all installation and logistics activities and decisions from a senior global perspective across the different offshore projects.
- Involved from conceptual phase moving forward through development, engineering, contracting, construction and operational phase.
- Lead a team responsible for defining the installation strategy and plan, contracting and managing all the key installation equipment and activities: operation of vessels, auxiliary fleet, equipment and facilities for construction and installation of offshore wind projects.
- Define, approve and implement Offshore Installation and Logistics company standards, best practices and quality requirements.
- Design and implement the installation strategy and requirements for every offshore project from concept status until construction.
- Lead the process to ensure key functions are involved in delivering the package requirements.
- Produce technical specifications, in coordination with other disciplines to determine strategic and project specific requirements to contract offshore installation vessels, installation works, auxiliary equipment.
- Liaise with and coordinate a large number of suppliers and contractors, including those related to vessels and marine operations, but in addition those related with his activities like turbine suppliers, port operators, foundation and cable installation contractors and electrical and grid connection contractors.
- Experience in multi-million offshore projects from pre-construction, construction to operation stages.
- Significant experience in offshore installation operations: piling, heavy lifting, cabling.
- Significant experience in installation strategy planning and interfacing with other project activities.
- Professional qualification in relevant engineering discipline – Mechanical/Marine Engineering or Naval Architectural.
- Deep knowledge and experience in applying shipping, marine and offshore legislation and procedures.
- Significant experience in leading tendering processes, contract negotiations and detailed commercial construction contracts.
- Knowledge of health and safety and environmental legislation associated with construction, marine and offshore projects.
- Ability to manage complex projects and contracts which require interface and precise coordination with multiple disciplines
- Relevant experience in offshore installation strategy and planning
- Deep knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation associated with offshore/marine construction projects.
- Deep knowledge of offshore procedures, standards and guides.