Hai Long Offshore Wind, a joint venture between Northland Power, Yushan Energy and Mitsui, has retained Taylor Hopkinson on an exclusive basis to search for and selection several critical team members to be based in Taipei, including an Interface Risk Manager. The Interface Risk Manager will be responsible for monitoring, controlling and aligning interfaces between different project packages and for the identification, assessment, and prioritisation of risks followed by coordinated and economical application of resources to minimize (maximise), monitor, and control the probability and/or impact of threats (opportunities).
Joining the project in this formative stage of the team, and the entire industry in Taiwan, offers the right individual the opportunity to shape the future of Taiwanese offshore wind. Using initiative, experience and team work to establish and drive the project will be essential as you operate in an autonomous and self-sufficient business unit tasked with the delivery of + $4billion asset.
Cultural awareness and emotional intelligence will be needed to communicate effectively with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders. Success will require an ability to solve complex technical and commercial problems with a high level of commercial acumen in this exciting emerging market that has ambitions to be the hub for offshore wind the APAC region.
- Facilitating and engaging with package managers to ensure that all interfaces are aligned, planned and closed with appropriate quality.
- Resolving cross scope interface alignment challenges.
- Ensuring that any critical technical interfaces that not properly aligned is flagged and visible.
- Facilitating identification and updating of all Interfaces.
- Providing structured overview and alignment of all technical interfaces in the different packages.
- Being proactive in working with the project team in identifying interfaces to ensure that scope is fully defined and aligned between project packages.
- Developing and maintaining the interface register.
- Preparing the Risk Management plan and Strategy for the project.
- Implementing and drive Risk Management.
- Facilitating and follow up on Risk Response Planning.
- Supporting management in risk decision making.
- Developing and maintain Risk Reporting and risk register.
- Undertaking Risk Modelling using Monte Carlo simulation to estimate confidence levels in relevant areas.
- 5+ years experience in relevant and similar work experiences within offshore wind projects
- Competence equivalent to PMI-RMP (PMI Risk Management Professional)
- Strong experience in managing interfaces between packages
- Excellent coordination and cooperation skills
- Team player who is willing and able to work with others to solve problems and share knowledge
- Culturally aware with a high level of emotional intelligence to work effectively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken
- Driven by an adventurous spirit and the opportunity to be at the forefront of an emerging market
- Proven ability to manage ambiguity and shape processes and systems
- Flexibility to meet the demands of the project
- Able to travel locally and internationally to meet with internal and external stakeholders as required
Applicants must be prepared to relocate to Taiwan until at least summer 2022 when the final investment decision will be taken. Preference will be given to those applicants who can also commit to remaining with the project through delivery to 2024.
Taylor Hopkinson have supported professionals to relocate to Taiwan since 2017 and we can advise on the logistics and practicalities of this transition (taxes, housing, schooling, lifestyle, etc). All applications are held in strictest confidence.
All direct and third-party applications to the client will be forwarded to Taylor Hopkinson for processing.
Closing date for applications is 20/8/16
apply for this now
0141 559 6160