Vattenfall is one of Europe´s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to archiving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are looking for an Lead Engineer Grid Studies to work within the Business Area Wind, Offshore, Engineering.
The Engineering department is the technical know-how centre within Business Area Wind, setting the standards and guidelines as well as being embedded within our projects, both through the development and implementation phase as well as in operations.
Working within the Grid Management & Studies Team in Engineering, the Lead Engineer Grid Studies shall provide expertise on all types of electrical/power studies for Offshore & Onshore wind projects.
As part of the Grid Management & Studies team you will among others work in the following areas to support the design and grid compliance of solar and wind power plants:
- Steady state analysis including load flow- and short circuit calculations
- Harmonics analysis including harmonic stability and resonance analysis
- System studies including dynamic- and transient simulations
- Technical support to development, procurement and operation team
- Development of standards & guidelines for scope of team
- Guide more junior engineers in their performance of work and help them grow their capabilities
- Quality assure the deliverables from department with more junior colleagues
- Support for technical evaluation of the electrical equipment within wind power plants
- Review, comment and accept electrical studies from suppliers
- Participate in negotiation with TSO’s and suppliers
You are experienced in performing system studies for wind power plant connection and feels comfortable in guiding others as well. You have the following qualifications:
- B.Sc, M.Sc or PhD in Electrical engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ Experience in DIgSILENT PowerFactory and/or PSCAD
- Minimum 3 years’ Experience within wind turbines and wind power plants
- Experience in functional leadership guiding others.
- High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work.
- Good English language skills
Location: Kolding, Denmark
Apply for this Now
0141 559 6160