Wind farm organisation currently seeking a Cable Engineer to be based in the UK on a contract basis working on the design and installation of the cable package.
- Supporting the relevant Package Manager in delivering the design, procurement and installation of the export cable and array cable works contracts for the project.
- Driving forward the strategic planning and preparation for the FEED and tender phase of the project, continuing through to the delivery of the cable works package/s and handover to operations.
- Review of Contractor cable system designs and installation methodology with respect to the employer’s requirements.
- Preparation of technical documentation and specifications for internal or contractor’s use.
- Participation in meetings with contractor’s representatives at all stages of the FEED and delivery stage to ensure compliance with Employer’s requirements and the contract.
- Review and comment on detailed costing of all materials, production and technical services provided by the contractors.
- Support the Transmission and Marine Works Package Managers in the execution of their relevant cable contracts and prepare formal reports to assist engineering design decisions in the project.
- Participate in and lead audits of contractor’s cable manufacturing facilities and installation vessels including key sub-contractors like cable protection systems and HDD contractors.
- Participation in regular technical and update meetings across several packages.
- Review offshore SI data and scrutinise contractor’s cable burial assessments.
- Work with contractors to investigate ways to optimise cable burial and route engineering.
- Contribute proactively to the delivery of an inherently safer wind farm that obtains a sustainable CFD while minimising the cost of energy over the life of the project.
- Close liaison with Lead Electrical Engineer to ensure wind farm system design is in accordance with the requirements of the wind farm electrical concept.
- Integrate the HSE and environmental requirements set out by the project into the cable delivery strategy and provide package support to their development where necessary.
- Input into a risk register, HSE assessments and engineering decision log for the cables and feed into wider project processes.
- Appropriate application of relevant standards and specifications in line with OFTO and project expectations.
- Support value management and project optimisation process through tracking of optimisation activities within the electrical package team.
- Degree Qualified – preferably electrical and cable discipline
- Experience in similar role with an in-depth level of competency in cable engineering both in terms of design, supply and installation
- Previous large project experience – preferably offshore wind
- Knowledge and experience in design and engineering of submarine cables and systems and knowledge of the cable installation process
- Understanding and of use of design calculation methods (electrical/thermal/mechanical, analytic and finite elements) and computer solutions and ability to develop and improve these through mathematics and computer programming
Apply for this Now
+44 7710 074 615