Working within the Electrical & SCADA department of Engineering, the Offshore Substation Structural Specialist shall provide expertise on the Conceptual Design, Procurement and Construction Strategy for the Offshore Platform products across the project portfolio, from compact AC solutions to large HVDC Converter stations.
- Concept development for Offshore HVAC & HVDC Platforms, including the structural design and electrical system integration in cooperation with the projects, associated technology product lines and platform manufacturers.
- Cost optimized structural foundation design, including constructability, installation & operation of platform in cooperation with the internal engineering team as well as design houses and manufacturers.
- Drive safety by design through the entire design lifecycle.
- Supporting projects during FEED studies to develop optimised platform solutions.
- Definition of scope split and interfaces between the topside, foundation, the HV electrical system, and cables and the auxiliary systems.
- Experience with specification and integration of platform auxiliary systems and services
- Specification and integration of fire suppression into platform solutions for high voltage plant and equipment.
- Liaising with supply chain to understand new technology developments and maturing of products.
- Technical representative during procurement, design, manufacturing and construction phase of grid connections.
- Preparing technical documentation
- Review of design documentation from suppliers and Contractors
- Strong HSE culture, with a strong commitment to contribute to the development and delivery of inherently safer wind farm projects
- M.Sc in Structural / Civil Engineering or Electrical engineering.
- A number of years of experience within the offshore renewables industry or related sector.
- Demonstrable experience from early concept selection/FEED through to construction and installation/commissioning of offshore substations.
- Experienced in a wider range of foundation concepts, including monopile, jacket and self-elevating.
- Strong understanding of platform auxiliary systems and their integration into topside design.
- Experience in developing technologies from concept to commercial availability.
- Familiar with renewable energy technologies, preferably on-and offshore wind.
- Good English language skills. Danish/German language skills an advantage.
- Flexible approach to travel and working offshore.
Apply for this Now
0141 559 6160