Taylor Hopkinson are working with one of the largest European energy businesses to assist in the appointment of a Business Development Manager to focus on the growth of opportunities for the Offshore Wind Business.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced candidate with exposure to the workings of developing business opportunities in the offshore wind segment.
- Business development activities, identifying and submitting applications for new offshore wind sites and/or acquiring existing sites through acquisitions and then managing these projects through the early development process
- Establish and manage project governance processes
- Taking ownership of projects’ business case and supervising financial evaluation of investment in relation to acquisitions or developments, and project cash-flow modelling for the purpose of obtaining and evaluating project financing
- Produce and present key documents and recommendations to management as part of shareholders’ decision making processes
- Facilitate the decision making process during the key steps of the project
- Project document management, ensuring that all documents, contracts and studies relating to a project are obtained in a timely manner and are available to key project stakeholders. Prepare a Project Bible of key documentation and ensure a comprehensive handover of the project and all key documentation to Asset Management and Construction
- Managing and coordinating all project’s work packages and in general all the activities of subject matter experts
- Leading commercial interaction with third parties (e.g. Crown Estates, Supply Chain, JV partners)
- Lead due diligence processes for acquisition opportunities or divestments coordinating internal and external resources as necessary
- Co-ordinate risk identification and analysis specific to a project, propose mitigation measures to limit/remove those risks or to lessen their effect and oversee the implementation of risk mitigation measures
- Ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with applicable Safety, Health, Environment and Quality policies and procedures
- Manage and control any budget and costs associated with the role including the approved budget for each project liaising with the finance and construction teams
- Degree qualified and ideally with a postgraduate qualification in a numerate discipline or ability to demonstrate commensurate experience
- Previous offshore wind development or M&A experience, ideally with early stage development, planning and pre-construction optimisation.
- Project management skills in order to manage a team of experts (planning, engineering, supply chain, financial modelling etc)
- Experience of leading project due diligence for power generation projects
- Strong track record of producing and presenting accurate financial appraisal and risks analysis for investment in generation assets. Strong financial knowledge and excellent analytical mind with ability to understand Key Business Drivers
- Commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of how large utilities deliver Wind projects
- Understanding of the project life-cycle and key project risks
- Understanding of accounting and finance in the context of capital investment projects and investment appraisal
- Team player and Strong at building relationships with internal and external parties
Based in the central belt of Scotland this is a great opportunity to participate in the development of renewable energy opportunities within a leading organisation operating at the highest levels within the sector. If you would like to discuss details further please contact Simon Cairns on +447548 212 930 or apply via the link below.
Apply for this Now
+44 141 559 6160