Recruiting for an Offshore Wind Turbine Specialist to join a major international energy developer, supporting across European projects.
This position can be based either in London or the Hague with regular travel.
You will support our client's Offshore Wind Innovation Program, exploring new energy models that match business strategy.
A strong self-starter who also works well within a team, you will be expected to help drive our client's offshore wind business forward with your deep understanding of wind turbine generator technology.
- Developing views on potential future offshore wind turbine platform performance and identifying key technology and supply chain hurdles that need to be overcome.
- Identifying technical optimization potential at component level for current commercial offshore wind turbine platforms, whilst recognizing supply chain constraints.
- Identifying turbine modification requirements and performance in floating offshore wind application.
- Developing remote maintenance technology pathways.
- Supporting ongoing external technology collaborations, such as the Offshore Wind Accelerator, GROW Offshore Wind, the Floating Wind JIP, and the US National Offshore Wind R&D consortium.
- Providing technical support for wind energy related investments.
- Involvement in Technical Risk Assessments of current WTGs, focussing on Risks & Opportunities and OPEX.
This is a role that’s going to stretch your natural communication skills. As you drive business-centred new innovation and nurture collaborative and trustworthy strategic partnerships with a dynamic range of internal and external stakeholders.
We are keen to hear from men and women with technical expertise and experience within the wind turbine industry. Alongside your natural people skills, we’d also hope to see as much of the following:
- Linking business strategy with your technical expertise and knowledge.
- Experience in conceptual design of wind turbine platforms.
- Experience in wind turbine engineering software packages.
- Expertise with assessing wind turbine design and manufacturing, from gearbox and generator, to main bearings and blades.
- A thorough understanding of the scaling rules, design drivers and constraints for wind turbines as an integrated system.
- Evidence of your commitment to HSE.
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160