Onshore Wind Development Manager (Wales)
We are seeking an Onshore Wind Farm Developer to be located within the Onshore Development Team.
The role is regionally based in Wales and will be predominantly home based with regular travel.
We are ideally looking for an experienced wind farm developer with a track record and experience within the onshore wind farm field, with particular focus on Wales.
The Onshore Developer, reporting to the Development and Consents Manager, will be responsible for all aspects of developing onshore wind farm projects as well as other forms of renewable technologies This will involve the origination of opportunities, landowner negotiations, environmental and planning work, stakeholder management and the management of development projects through the planning system . This will also involve supporting other units within the business in order to achieve successful project developments. Principal Accountabilities:
- Identify potential wind farm sites in conjunction with the GIS specialist using set selection criteria and constraints
- Evaluate potential wind farm sites offered by third parties.
- Maintain and establish relationships with land agents.
- Negotiation of land options and leases with land owners and their agents in conjunction with legal team.
- Prepare and manage the budgets associated with feasibility work carried out.
- Support analytics team to assess project economics and compliance with the business plan.
- Prepare scope of services for external specialist consultants.
- Manage third party consultants undertaking the feasibility studies.
- Involvement in relationships with stakeholders including the local community, statutory consultees, community groups, planning officer and local councils.
- Attend public exhibitions and meetings during the consenting phase.
- Undertake due diligence on projects we are evaluating or considering acquiring.
- Research areas of interest to and produce reports detailing investigation findings.
- Degree or equivalent qualified in a related discipline (other appropriate experience or qualifications may be considered.
- A knowledge and understanding of wind farm feasibility.
- A broad understanding of the Town and Country planning process in the UK and Wales in particular.
- Experience in the renewable energy, electricity generation or planning sectors is a distinct advantage.
- Understanding of the renewable energy project development process
- Knowledge of other sources of renewable generation.
- A commitment to ensuring the highest standards of project development, consultation and community relations at all times.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- A highly motivated individual with excellent team working skills.
- Willing to work on projects throughout the UK including short stays away from the office.
- A commitment to HSE policies and an understanding of HSE and CDM requirements.
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160