Working directly with a leading developer, the Operations Engineer will be responsible for operation, maintenance and servicing of the electrical offshore substation, the 33kV inter-array cabling and electrical primary and secondary components of the Transition Pieces within the frame of the operational organisation of two European offshore wind farms.
- Responsible and acting as single point of contact for the permanent availability of all electrical assets of the electrical offshore substation including all 33kV/155kV/220kV components and protective systems.
- Planning, coordinating and supervising all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, servicing and repair works of the electro-technical and mechanical system components.
- Application of the computerized maintenance management systems SAP PM/MM in close collaboration with the operational organization on Helgoland and Sassnitz.
- Accountability as Deputy Lead Authorized Person in accordance with DIN VDE 1000-10.
- Responsible for switching activities in the high- and medium-voltage grid (up to 220kV) according to DIN VDE 0105-100 and internal procedures.
- Supporting the handover of the substation to operations.
- Conducting and supervising offshore servicing operations.
- First person of contact for the distribution system operator TenneT/50Hertz in all matters.
- Permanent optimisation of all processes as well as the maintenance strategy.
- Contribution to development of internal standards.
- Ensuring conformity with health, safety and environmental (HSE) standards as well as further development and optimisation in this field.
- Developing and implementing the operations & maintenance strategy for electro-technical systems for future offshore wind parks.
- University degree in the field of electrical engineering or similar subject, electro-technical apprenticeship preferable.
- Extensive experience within the energy sector, ideally with a distribution system operator in a similar role.
- Profound operational experiences in the field of servicing and maintenance of substations as well as the competence of being an electrically qualified person and responsible for plant are essential.
- Far-reaching know-how of the relevant norms and guidelines, such as DIN VDE 0105-100, ArbSchG, BGR, BGV, UVV, Betr.SichV.
- Switch authorisation in accordance with DIN VDE 0105-100.
- Knowledge of operations management systems.
- Ability to work in a team and a proactive and structured way of working.
- Strong awareness for occupational safety.
- Excellent MS-Office skills and know-how of SAP PM/MM.
- Ability and fitness to work offshore as well as at height.
- Willingness to travel as well as to work on-site.
- Fluent German and English language skills.
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160