Taylor Hopkinson is searching for an Origination Manager to be based in Tokyo. This person has responsibility, working as a key member of the New Sites Development team, for delivering development support to grow the development pipeline through greenfield and acquisitions.
?The primary focus of work will be wind energy projects and the role is to provide support in all aspects of the development of new wind farm sites. This includes assessment of site potential (resource and constraints), layout design, energy yield predictions etc.
- The role will require close collaboration working with the development team members, Technical Manager and Engineers.
- They will be expected to:
- Work on a diverse range of projects in different markets and locations?
- Work autonomously within the project team to ensure the quality and level of development analysis is fit for purpose and in line with the projects budget and risk profile
- Ensure projects are optimised in terms of their design, energy production and profitability
- Continuously strive to develop efficient working processes and reduce waste within the project delivery team
- Work with external parties to source specialist expertise and analysis to projects where appropriate e.g. a detailed understanding of the turbine options available for projects in Japan
- Identification of potential new wind energy sites in Japan through conducting research, communicating with consultants and other stakeholders
- Research on land using land registry database, visiting city offices etc.
- Use the internal online site selection model to identify potential wind energy sites for development
- Provide layout design and constraint mapping
- Implementation of energy yields
- Analyse such items as land designations, archaeology, permitting requirements, landslides and seismic information
- Undertake early phase and simple wind resource assessments
- Upkeep of project GIS models
- To assist on site visits where required
- Development support for transactions and closing projects
- Ιdentification of optimum measurement regimes – Liaison with external measurement campaign providers
- To deliver complete phase 0 assessment documents and bring forward for approval
- To negotiate and bring forward for approval contracts relating to the project delivery e.g. consultant contracts, NDAs etc.
- Have worked in a renewable energy environment (particularly wind) and have a good understanding of the technical, engineering and commercial requirements for a successful project
- Experience with turbine layout design and constraints – Adaptable to Japan and new market specific requirements
- Able to undertake Energy yield and wind speed predictions to best practice and Acacia Renewables Policy
- Knowledge of planning process and stages in Japan and relevant SE Asian markets.
Skills & Requirements
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity
- Excellent standard of computing skills including MS Office and Windows 10
- Clear communication skills
- A self-starter
- Excellent organisation and team working abilities
- Basic GIS (ArcMap) user
- Basic use of CAD in a geographical context (Civil 3D)
- Driving Licence
- Business english and Japanese essential
- Relevant experience of wind, solar, acoustic and statistical analysis or project technical work.
- On the job training to be provided as required
- Degree level qualification in Physics, Mathematics, Engineering Science or related discipline or equivalent
Apply for this Now
0141 559 6160