Platform Asset Manager Offshore Wind
Locations: Hamburg, Kolding, London or Esbjerg
Searching for experienced Asset Managers to optimise the life time profitability and increase the NPV of the portfolio for Vattenfall.
Vattenfall’s offshore wind business is among the top three players globally, they are currently constructing the world’s first subsidy free offshore wind project. The offshore portfolio consists at present of 2.0GW of installed capacity and a pipeline of 1.6GW under construction or in preconstruction.
You will be at the forefront of ensuring supply chain and technical improvements are integrated into asset operations. Balancing the input from subject experts across the organisation, these roles will lead on the creation of market leading assets. These roles will report to the Head of Asset Management Offshore Wind and will be key positions across the Platform Clusters.
This will be a newly established senior roles where you get to influence and shape the work that you will be doing
The mission of your function is defined as:
Be "the owner's representative" on windfarms operating the WTG platforms in focus, and thereby ensuring that the lifetime NPV of the windfarm is optimised through proactive implementation of strategic improvement levers – both platform-specific improvements as well as site-specific commercial levers.
Have end-to-end responsibility for identifying and driving a constant pipeline of strategic initiatives to improve the lifetime NPV of the focused platform. Specific improvement areas that you will – together with subject matter experts from other departments – focus on include:
- Technology upgrades
- Risk based maintenance
- Predictive maintenance
- Work process optimisation
- Supply chain strategy
- Secure a smooth flow and progress in the execution and implementation phase of the improvement initiatives.
- Update/evaluate the integrity risk register on site and at platform level, propose mitigation measures and follow them up.
- Lead/contribute to commercial analysis for decisions allocated to asset management such as major component exchanges, risk mitigation measures, AEP upgrades, End of Life Strategies, JV management, etc.
- Secure asset performance analysis/tracking of the assets, incl. definition of right KPIs (also regarding future development of the platform fleet) and initiation of actions in case of target deviations (in cooperation with related departments).
- Identification of performance improvement measures due to regular site benchmarks and AEP (annual energy production) improvements measures (e.g. upgrades).
- Contribute to the formulation of a mid-/long term O&M strategy in alignment with internal stakeholders.
- Lead and present decision proposals to senior management
- Tertiary qualifications in commercial or finance-oriented degree or technical with a strong commercial focus.
- Several years of experience in asset management in offshore renewables
- Knowledge of MVOW or SGRE (depending on platform) turbine technology is strongly recommended
- Strong people skills – with the ability to create followership in a wide network of internal interfaces to coworkers
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The role will be based in Hamburg, Kolding, London or Esbjerg.
However, you must expect travel activities related to your work in Northern Europe and you have colleagues placed at different locations.
apply for this now
0141 559 6160