We are looking for a Principle Engineer Electrical to work within Vattenfall's Business Area Wind, Offshore, Engineering.
The Engineering department is the technical know-how centre within Business Area Wind, setting the standards and guidelines as well as being embedded within our projects, both through the development and implementation phase as well as in operations.
Working within the Electrical & SCADA Department in Offshore Engineering, the Principal Engineer is the highest Technical Authority for all Electrical Components & Systems overseeing the technical competence area.
As part of the Electrical Engineering Department you will oversee the technical competence track enabling the organization to serve the full lifecycle and portfolio of wind farms with technical excellence:
- Highest level of technical authority in field of Electrical Engineering overseeing HV cables, power studies, primary & secondary systems in AC & DC etc.
- Balance technical authority with health and safety leadership to encourage a positive safety culture and drive the development of inherently safer wind farm designs
- Instils an innovative and entrepreneur environment while balancing the risk and commercial implications associated, maintains the overview of full competence area
- Escalation level across the different technical areas in electrical engineering.
- Superior decision maker on electrical technology across wind farm fleet.
- Maintains an overview of technical activities within the electrical competence area and ensures interaction with other relevant parts of BU Offshore Wind
- Oversees the process & tools maturation and application in technical field.
- Engages in complex and high priority assignments in product development, project delivery or operational assets.
- Inspires others by representing the technical field internally to team and externally to industry and institutions (e.g. Universities, Authorities)
- Review and approve key technology documents.
- Mentor and guide more junior engineers.
- Identifying developing opportunities including business impact for design.
Specific responsibilities in Electrical & SCADA:
- Act as interface between the various competence areas within Engineering
- Actively promote the technical authority of Engineering in general and Electrical & SCADA specifically
- Actively propose areas for technical development and maintain a list of prioritized development projects/areas relevant for Electrical & SCADA
- Collects and disseminate learnings form internal and external projects by e.g initiating and hosting regular technical exchange forum
- Participate in IPR reviews and supports patent application
- Participate in regular technical reviews of ongoing asset projects and larger product project in the roadmap organisation
- Participate actively in the management of Electrical & SCADA as part of the Management Team
The role requires the following profile:
- You have an engineering university degree (M.Sc. or PhD) with a minimum of 15 years relevant work experience within wind including experience as a manager or chief engineer.
- Experienced in project assignments along their lifetime as well as detailed understanding of technology and its potential optimization.
- You command English in both verbal and written form.
- You possess a positive mind-set, see opportunities with a “glass half full” approach to your work.
- Strong experience in authoring technical/commercial documents.
- You are a highly motivated and communicative with enthusiasm and can be a role model for our technical specialist.
- You are proven skilled in dealing with strategic, highly complex issues, problems and challenges and can transfer technical challenges into economic impact.
Apply for this Now
0141 559 6160