Taylor Hopkinson is working exclusively with a global offshore wind developer who is looking to hire a Project CEO for their operations in Korea.
Area of responsibility:
As a Project CEO, we expect you to take responsibility and find solutions, whether it is by applying your commercial, technical and contractual knowledge and insights to support the project teams in developing the right commercial strategies, negotiate the final issues in a large complex project contract, define the right insurance requirements across the suite of contracts or whether it is by applying your organizational skills in setting up a high performance contract management team, defining the right processes and ensuring that project shareholders and other stakeholders are comfortable with the technical development activities in the project.
As CEO for the project, you will be responsible for developing high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives.
Your key duties will be to:
- Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission
- Develop high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives
- Lead and motivate subordinates to advance employee engagement develop a high performing managerial team
- Make high-quality investing decisions to advance the business and increase profits
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics
- Review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements
- Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important shareholders
- Analyse problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and industry of the company
You will have a suitable degree in engineering, business administration or other relevant field and have proven experience as a Project CEO with either development or construction of offshore wind projects.
We work in an international environment and it is therefore essential that you can demonstrate excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
You must thrive in a fast-paced environment and be capable of handling numerous tasks simultaneously without losing perspective. You are able to create results through teamwork and develop good relationships with your colleagues and external business partners.
You must have a strong understanding of large projects, experience with the offshore wind industry in general. In particular, we are looking for candidates with experience in optimizing wind farm solutions with regard to site conditions, supply chain, harbour and logistics opportunities and environmental constraints.
Your qualifications include:
- MSc/MA in engineering and/or business administration or relevant field
- Experience with and understanding of large offshore wind projects
- Experience in developing profitable projects and knowledge of successful solutions
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as finance, technical management, procurement and permitting
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Strong in-depth understanding of value drivers in offshore wind project, strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to recommend the right solutions
- Experience with procurement and contracting
- Effective computer skills; Microsoft Office Software incl. Power Point
- Effective leadership & team management skills, conflict/dispute resolution
- International project and people management skills
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills enabling you to perform in different cultures and at all organizational levels
apply for this now
0141 559 6160