Project Development Associate
Onshore Wind, Offshore Wind
Leading wind energy developer recruiting a Project Development Associate to support the consenting manager(s) in the management of offshore and onshore consenting/environmental risks and compliance during all project phases, including, pre, during and post construction. The candidate may also be requested to support the Development Team as required during project identification and EIA phases.
- Assist in the offshore and onshore consent compliance tasks. This will involve ensuring effective communication between the development team and the relevant technical package managers including taking the consenting lead in certain disciplines and following up on consenting/environmental queries from contractors. Support in managing environmental contractors, including offshore and onshore Environmental Clerks of Works.
- Maintain key development documentation including commitments registers, risk register, stakeholder management plan, program. This will involve liaison with both the development team and the wider project team.
- Responsibility for obtaining any necessary ancillary permits for the project. This will include liaison with internal and external project team, stakeholders and relevant regulatory authorities.
- Support the development of and lead the implementation of offshore environmental surveys for the project during and post construction.
- Provision of support in obtaining and executing land agreements.
- Support effective stakeholder consultation management of environmental/consenting risks during the construction phase.
- Support development team in due diligence activity.
- All other reasonable functions required by the Company to support the EIA work, licence/ permit applications and consent compliance.
- BSc/Beng/MSc degree in Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Environmental Engineering, Law or Business Administration.
- Demonstrable experience within a professional company (e.g. utility, consultancy, Government Agency or NGO) with direct experience of the renewables industry (offshore and/or onshore) and/or transmission infrastructure and the consenting/planning/EIA process.
- Membership of a professional environmental association (e.g. CIEEM, IEMA) would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of the Scottish and other UK offshore and onshore permitting regimes.
- Enthusiastic, committed and self-motivated worker with long term ambitions in the renewable sector.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment in a multi-disciplinary team across a number of specialist areas and organizational cultures; Demonstrated skills in communication across a variety of end groups. Organized and efficient with an ability to multitask and work to challenging deadlines.
- High standard of report writing and presentation skills.
- Fluent in English both spoken and written. Other languages will be highly valued.
- Driving License.
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160