The Execution Project Director will be accountable for the execution of the Hai Long offshore wind farms by managing the commercial, legal, and technical aspects of the project during the Construction phase. This position reports directly to Hai Long’s Chief Executive Officer, but is required to interface closely with all Hai Long project staff and the construction professionals of the shareholders.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the overall performance on safety, costs, time schedule, staffing, resources, compliance/integrity of the Hai Long Project;
- Ensures project execution plan is developed, actively managed, reviewed and corrected for Hai Long and utilizes metrics to track progress and issue resolutions and results;
- Structures and negotiates contracts in line with the Hai Long Investment Committee principles, strategic objectives and risk profile.
- Ensures close coordination with Operations team through commissioning, integration and documentation phases for successful handover upon completion;
- Develops assignments, timetables, and responsibilities for team members, provides general oversight of all project management activities and ensures the project team functions smoothly and efficiently;
- Adequately resources the project to ensure safety, quality, and long-term profitability of the project during operations;
- Develops and manages project risk mitigation tools;
- Manages project stakeholders;
- Ensures management of all contractors including their deliveries, contracts, claims and variations;
- Reports to the LTA, LLA, and LIA as defined in agreements;
- Prepares progress reports and proposals to the Investment Committee, including scope, budget and timeline changes;
- Secures communication between Hai Long Joint Venture Organization and shareholders;
- Secures and continuously captures and implements best practices and lessons learned for the project;
- With Hai Long CFAO, ensures compliance to all conditions in the financial agreements with lenders and financial institutions;
- Together with the Chief Executive Officer of Hai Long liaises and manages local stakeholders;
- Ensures robust adherence to project governance;
- Acts as a lead representative of the project in front of government, public and private entities.
Education, certifications, experience
- Minimum of 10 years of leading a high performing, cross functional construction teams for offshore wind farm projects;
- Advanced Degree in Engineering or Technical Field;
- Competence equivalent to IPMA level A/B and/or PMI PMP;
- Strong background in engineering, operations and construction activities;
- Demonstrated experience and ability in managing and delivering a successful project, organizing project teams, setting expectations and managing results;
- Full understanding of project cost control, scheduling, and project financing.
Strengths and Abilities
- Superior Skills in the negotiation and management of construction and equipment supply contracts;
- Strong Project Management skills with a broad understanding of planning and scheduling, progress reporting, contracting terms, issues, and change management;
- Strong working knowledge of environmental, health and safety laws and regulations for offshore projects;
- Proven ability to collaborate with construction teams and engage an established network of consultants and contractors;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; relates to a variety of styles and can build trust and consensus in a team.
- Experience in leading multi-cultural teams working in different locations and time zones.
Location & Travel
The position will be based at the Hai Long project offices in Taiwan. However, the successful candidate will be expected to travel as necessary to support the project. The successful candidate must have a valid passport and be unrestricted for travel throughout the world as required.
apply for this now
0141 559 6160