Taylor Hopkinson are supporting Vattenfall, one of Europe’s largest electricity generators in their search for an Offshore Project Director.
The Project Delivery Offshore department is responsible for delivering offshore wind projects from start of procurement until hand-over to operations. We focus on delivering our projects safely, in time, budget and quality.
The location of this role is flexible, preferably in London, Amsterdam, Hamburg or Kolding. Depending on the location of upcoming projects, a large extent of business travel can be required.
- Manage offshore wind projects with full accountability from obtaining award / consent until project completion and hand-over to operations.
- Lead and motivate an interdisciplinary project team of 50+ team members.
- Ensure health and safety as our highest priority in project execution.
- Provide project management to highest industry standards to deliver projects safely in time, budget and quality.
- Provide reporting to the project sponsor and BU management which gives an accurate status of the project in terms of safety, budget, schedule, quality and risk profile.
- Communicate to project stakeholders in a proactive and open way.
- Collaborate closely with the line departments to ensure highest quality of the delivery.
- Collaborate closely with other offshore projects to secure transfer of lessons learned to and from the project.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement in offshore project delivery.
- You have a university degree (or equal).
- Significant experience of operating at a senior level. Ideally with some experience as a project director of wind projects.
- Highly motivated and communicative leader who is able to focus on both people and business.
- Proven skills in dealing with strategic, highly complex issues, problems and challenges.
- Health and safety leadership skills,
- Project management training and experience
- Strong command of English of both verbal and written English.
apply for this now
0141 559 6160