Project Engineer required for a major offshore wind farm EPC contractor based from Europe and the Far East to Assist the Fabrication Manager of all aspects during the construction of the foundations.
- Ensure the project is delivered safely, efficiently, within budget and in compliance with our and client's policies, standards, regulations, and plans.
- Oversee the work of the fabrications, sub-contractors and service providers ensuring work is completed in line with main contract specifications.
- Ensure safety has the highest priority and is at the forefront of planning, execution and in all dealings with sub-contractors and service providers
- Oversee Construction Supervisors ensuring they meet their prescribed work targets safely and on-time
- Ensure all appropriate actions are taken to implement the safety management system and Client requirements and that they are fully complied with
- Perform Safety Audits and contractor compliance audits on a regular basis
- Provide technical advice and troubleshooting for construction, design, and commissioning
- To oversee the work on site and to assist in the interfaces between discipline activities and with other project team members
- Coordinate (and chair) daily /weekly / monthly progress meetings with construction team
- Review of all work-packs, detailed design, engineering, fabrication and cold commissioning procedures
- Ensure a full schedule is maintained for construction fabrication phases
- Ensure project management are kept fully abreast of all key risks and issues
- Actively manage direct sub-contractors and participate in performance reviews as applicable
- Supervision of sub-contractors’ performance to ensure compliance with relevant management plans
- Interact with all interfaces within the project team(s)
- Assists in preparation of complete subcontract Scope of Work
- Fully reviews drawings & specifications in preparation of subcontractor scope
- Understands contract documents and identifies gaps in the systems
- Maintains & assists FND PM with preparation of Weekly Project Update accurately and on time
- Review and writing Method Statements
- Maintains and updates Subcontractor weekly and monthly reports
- Accurate and timely documentation of project issues
- Maintains open communication with subcontractors
- Works with PMs and Supervisors to recognise under performing sub-sub-contractors timely with project notifications.
- Maintains fabrication schedules and flag deviations from the schedule
- Proven experience in offshore wind construction / fabrication / coating / Quality control
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Applications and knowledge of Primavera planning systems.
- Familiar with offshore wind construction codes e.g. accordance with NORSOK M-501 and / or DNVGL -OS-C401 / DNVGL-CG-0051
- Proven experience with safety management systems and the application of HSE principles on construction projects
- Familiar with Welding procedure qualification records, incl. Repairs, Welding procedure specifications; Welding consumables, handling procedures; NDT procedures;
- Proven experience in project control and reporting systems
- Educated in an engineering discipline
- Commitment to safety
- Knowledge of construction standards and regulations
- Project management skills
- Willing to travel on regular basis
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160