Project Manager – Energy Storage – USA
Taylor Hopkinson are working with one of the largest renewable energy EPC companies globally to source experienced Project Managers to lead their Energy Storage project development across the US. Our client has a portfolio of over 3GW of projects across PV, storage, cogen and wind technologies. This role can be based from home or out of the office in Phoenix, AZ, with country travel
Roles and Responsibilities
- This role will play a crucial role in identifying executability of projects currently being bid for/catered to in the region.
- The project manager will be for Americas region, spanning US and Canada with possible expansion to LATAM.
- This position would be a direct report to the global VP of BD.
- This role will enable a seamless transfer of projects from the start of the sales cycle onto execution, while maintaining a single face for execution.
- You will work with the sales team assisting origination of deals, by value add through local component costing support, subcontractor pre finalisation, and performing site assessment/execution risks prior to sales, and once sales is clinched, s/he will move onto execute the project as its project manager.
- You will have clear experience in energy storage project costing, site engineering, site labour arrangements, subcontractor relationships as well as successful track record in commissioning and operation of such storage projects in the region.
- This will be focusing on Utility scale primarily, anything from 5MW for muni/co-ops and up to the 100s of MW for large utilities once requisite PQs are built in the US.
- Individual must be well versed in local subcontractors and have the ability to syndicate a group of subs to estimate and deliver projects cost effectively while creating a name for the client in the US.
- Degree educated in field of Business or Engineering or significant industry exposure
- Extensive experience with storage projects, standalone or coupled with solar or wind projects
- Previous development management or role with management level experience, able to run multiple projects and teams
- Working knowledge of technical office applications
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Commercial and communication skills are essential
- Willing to travel for short periods to project site
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160