Taylor Hopkinson are working exclusively with a large offshore wind farm to recruit a Project Planner. Our client is the operating company for a multinational joint venture.
We are searching for an experienced Project Planner who can lead on the creation of a master plan, integrating all the sub plans of contractors. This position will be based in the Southeast of England.
- Support the Operations Coordinator with executing all normal daily operations.
- Manage all short-term and long-term planning covering all activities across all contractor scopes of work.
- Support the Operations Manager in developing and executing annual maintenance plans.
- Manage contractors to ensure fulfilment of operational obligations.
- Review of contractor documentation and inspection regimes to ensure efficiency and compliance with legislation.
- Manage and work alongside subcontractors to develop and document solutions to operational challenge.
- Set contractors to work ensuring compliance with the LAL HSMS.
- Author and review LAL procedures and processes.
- Adhere to the LAL HSMS and support its continual development working closely with LAL HSE team.
- Identify areas for improvement in subcontractor documentation and drive improvements in contractor HSE management.
- Support the development of internal Operational Management systems and solutions.
- Report on all elements of contractor performance.
- Attend daily planning meeting.
- Assist in supervision of the Marine Coordinators and LAL offshore technicians.
- Support the evolution of a LAL/SWP team environment and engender a positive ownership culture in all.
Span of Communication
Internal: Leadership Team, LAL Team.
External: Contractors, Suppliers, Service Providers.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- HND in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent (NVQ L4 and above).
- Evidence of industry-specific technical training packages.
- Certified Authorised Person or Senior Authorised Person.
- Portfolio of evidence of related technical training packages.
- Evidence of training in project management and project planning tools.
- Experience in an O&M environment at managerial or supervisory level.
- Experience with industry leading project planning and project management tools.
- Experience of installation, commissioning and operation of mechanical and/or electrical equipment.
- Good knowledge of maintenance management and process control systems.
- Offshore or WTG experience at Supervisory level within a turbine OEM is an advantage.
- Exceptional communication and able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to lead, motivate and supervise contractors and influence senior staff.
- Intuitive understanding of complex technical and interrelated systems.
- Ability to analyse safety risk and develop mitigation strategies.
- Organised and methodical approach to overcoming challenges.
- Flexibility and patience.
- Logical approach to planning
- Teamwork and cooperation.
- Highly technically intuitive.
- Solution-oriented, clear thinking problem solver.
- Motivated self-starter.
apply for this now
+44 141 559 6160