Leading offshore wind farm consultancy currently seeking a PCM Co-ordinator to be based in the UK on a long-term contract working on a major offshore wind farm project.
- Ensure that the Protection, Control and Metering systems are designed and delivered in accordance to Grid Code and Network Connection Agreements requirements, National Grid requirements, Elexon requirements, the Employer standards, industry relevant standards and best engineering practices.
- Act as focal point for all Protection, Control and Metering items related with the rest of project areas and relevant stakeholders in the project.
- Coordination and technical lead, managing and resolving technical/engineering issues within the Protection, Control and Metering package on a day to day basis, including commissioning and energisation, until contract closure and handover to O&M department.
- Coordinate support and provide key expertise to relevant project areas (electrical equipment team, cables team, commissioning team, electrical design manager and grid connection, telecommunications, SCADA team, etc.) to ensure technical compliance to minimise costs/risks.
- Management of Protection, Control and Settlement Metering contractors.
- Ensure that the designs developed by the different Contractors involved are consistent, technically safe and coordinated with the rest of the windfarm and grid package design.
- Provide professional advice on engineering technical detail, risk levels and commercial agreements to the key package, to ensure that cost effective technical solutions are identified, fully evaluated and the risk profile is fully understood by the project.
- Deliver consistent, high quality, cost effective engineering advice to the key packages and projects.
- Ensure that all assessment, advice and recommendations are fully documented in accordance with all internal procedures and industry best practice, and that sufficient technical and commercial due diligence (whether internal or external) exists to support those decisions.
- Detailed reporting to management, including advising Project Lead Engineer and Protection Control and Metering team Lead impact of technical/specialist risks and issues, and the viability of solutions recommended.
- Experience in engineering specification, design, commissioning and management of Protection, Control and Metering systems.
- Experience in technical management of the Protection, Control and Metering systems, acting as focal point between contractors and relevant stakeholders in the project.
- Ability to manage complex packages, including contract management, programme management, cost and risk control, requiring interface and precise coordination with multiple disciplines (turbines, electrical cables, electrical equipment, grid connection requirements).
- Excellent report writing, presentation skills and ability to summarize key parameters.
- Understanding of electrical drawings and documents and knowledge of electrical substations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering procedures, standards and guidance.
- Educated to degree level in Electrical engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of international standards and UK and HSE legislation, particularly NGET requirements.
- Previous experience within Offshore/Marine sector.
- Flexible to travel to various locations within the UK.
apply for this now
+44 7701 326 480